Zac

Please can anybody help me with a fault on a machine.

I will do this tomorrow I've placed a order for a fresh psu anyway as this one looks like it's been through a war 😊. Will let you know once I've tested the voltages.

I'll get all voltages checked once back from work tomorrow and hopefully that points to a psu issue overwise it's looking like the mpu. I do appreciate all the help you've given me so far, I'll update you tomorrow. Another question the bare green wire in one of my previous pics... where is that meant to connect too? I can't find anywhere logical that it's broken away from.

Thanks again.

i have this mpu doing nothing so if you need it let me know but you will have to get the new soft ware for it see what happens with the psu first

Fruit58 that's very nice of you, fingers crossed it's the power to save the hassle on software ect will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks.

The replacement psu? It's a reconditioned unit from EBay fully tested according to the listing with 6 months warranty i paid £22 its the same as the orginal (barcrest branded) unit which was left unplugged in the cabinet.

Cheers.

Yes I thought that to be fair the mpu6 units are on there for £25 brand new aswell which is brilliant if I do need one (hopefully not tho) I'm not going to have time today to check the voltages but I have a friend coming tomorrow at 6pm with a decent multimeter and a little more knowledge than me so I'll update you tomorrow.

I have also rang a repair shop near me today which deals with machines.... they said if I fail to get it fixed they could send a engineer (I don't know cost yet) but they couldn't supply me with software as they don't carry anything with is older than 5 years old.

Cheers again.

Edited by Zac
spelling

if it is the mpu and you can get the soft ware you can have this one and you know this one works by the pics i sent you

That is very kind of you do you want anything for it if it turns out to be this at fault? Paul who message on this thread earlier on mentioned that he may have software but awaiting his reply. It will definitely be tomorrow evening that all the power cables are checked so I'll let you know my findings.

Many thanks.

Hi Fruit58,

Every single power cable has been checked with a multimeter ....Every board has power as it should. The mpu6 is as dead as a door nail... would me changing the battery in the mpu6 of possibly caused this? Or does anybody know of any other reason the mpu isn't receiving power (safety features ect) 

I'm at a loss really and unsure weather i can get software if I do go down the route of changing the mpu6 (which still may not receive power) does anybody know of anywhere I can get a wiring diagram for my machine?

Fruit58 if I was to try your mpu would it show signs of power without a software loaded onto it?? trying to rule out what it could be ect.

Many thanks all I appreciate the help.

Thanks Zac.

Ok so that maybe worth a try to rule out any other wiring issues, all the power cable have constant voltage upto the mpu so it must be dead then I suppose.

got to be something seriously wrong if not one power light on the mpu6 lights up! sure you have that red power plug to the mpu plugged in correctly?

On 2/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, paulburton26 said:

Hi Andrew,

I've had a electrician round today who spent the best part of 2 hours checking the wiring he had tested the power supply and it's fine... Literally checked all boards which have the correct power and do all power up. The mpu6 will not do anything...Nothing at all not a single light or anything and we have had a multimeter on the power connecters and power is at the point of contact to that mpu. Only thing I can think of is that changing the battery has killed it which seems rather strange.

Cheers Zac.

i could under stand one led out but not all of them there is a big plug on the mpu pull it out then power it up try that

It still does not look like you have the red connector actually plugged on the mpu6 pins properly from the pictures, power passed through the red wires through the back of that red plug onto the other boards, so not going to be the psu when you get lights on other boards!

Fruit58 

I've tried without the I/0 cable attached still nothing happening with the mpu6.

Andrew96

I can assure you it's been reseated more times than I care to imagine is definitely sitting on the pins properly, I tried everything pushed on it.... pushed down up with power on nothing it's not having any of it. It was working tho before I changed the cell battery that's what's got me. 

Thanks guys.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.