Zac

Please can anybody help me with a fault on a machine.

Hello All,

I'm after some help, I recently got a fruit machine from ebay for spares or repairs which was actually free! (Barcrest Take it or leave it Horizon 2010 MPU6) The guy I collected it from stated that he had owned for 2 years and had only used it on freeplay in his games room until it gained a fault and no longer booted up (will probably need a coin mech update)

Once home I plugged the machine in to be greeted by a lovely lady shouting at me...'please call a manger... Please call a manager' over and over again the mpu6 was showing error code 42-48c memory corrupt. I also noticed that there appeared to be 2 psus in the base of the cabinet one disconnected (the original psu) which has been replaced with a similar one that states it's for a mpu5.

I had read online that this error code can usually be bypassed by changing the 2032 battery within the MPU6 which I've done and reconnected all back up.... but now I have no power at all apart from the cash meter screen at the top of the fruit machine and 2 solid green lights on the board closest the reels. I have checked everything a fair few times and still can't get any power lights to come up on the mpu6.

Has anybody got any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks hopefully somebody can help me.

hold the plus and minus together on the mpu go in to the menu do a ram test press ok see what happens

That was what I was hoping to do but the mpu literally has no power at all no lights are on and none of the buttons seems to do anything. I have double checked all connections and they are all sitting correctly.

Just to also rule it out I have tried 3 different brand new batteries in the mpu6 all of decent brands.

Switch is defo on... The machines cash meter and note reader light up on the outside but nothing else. On the inside the only signs of power are 2 green led lights on the reel board nothing else at all. It's as if the mpu has literally died from having it's battery changed I can't get my head around why it isn't working.

go back over everything you have done so far and make sure everything is plugged in as it was to start with

hello and welcome

Hello guys thanks for the replys,

I have double checked everything that I have done and still haven't had any success I don't understand from just changing the battery it would just kill it and I was so careful and took my time when completing.

If it is a bad mpu how would I go about repairing/replacing (this is my first home owned machine so not fully clued up) would I need some software if I purchased a new mpu from somewhere?

Thanks All.

Not yet fruit58 I haven't got access to one unfortunately the other psu which was in the cabinet disconnected I have tried but is completely dead were as this one does show signs of life.

Cheers.

I've also noticed 2 other green lights on a chipboard near the top of the machine in the inside, not sure what this board is but it looks like everything from the front is connected to it (lights ect) so that would tell me that the power supply is working?? but that for some reason the was working mpu is either dead or has a dodgy connection somewhere but there is only 2 wires that plug into it a long I/0 plug and a red one just underneath the power voltage lights. 

I do appreciate any help anybody can give otherwise it looks like the machines no good.

Thanks. 

Edited by Zac
spelling

take some close up pics of these boards and the mpu with all the plugs in

There was an someone else with exactly the same issue only a few weeks ago

The MPU6 will run with just the red power lead in the front, leave the I/O one out for now

The PSU's are normally very reliable, but I would change that first, apart from the battery the MPU6 is bullet proof

If you do need a new MPU then I can help you with the software

Paul

Fruit58 here are some pics if you need anymore just let me know. The green cable in one of the pictures reads 'security connection' this was loose when I got the machine don't know what it's meant for tho.

Thank you.

20190211_083803.jpg

20190211_143409.jpg

20190211_143457.jpg

20190211_083848.jpg

20190211_143632.jpg

20190211_143642.jpg

20190211_143522.jpg

20190211_143610.jpg

20190211_143710.jpg

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply I was thinking the same on the grounds of a new psu just seems odd as it still delivers power to some boards within the cabinet. Would it be worth me running some tests on a multimeter from a friend before I purchase or do you think the psu is the actual problem?

Thanks for your help Zac.

i think its the psu whats at fault if you look at the mpu none of the leds are lit if you look at the  one running on the bench i have leds do you have a multi meter 

20190211_152916.jpg

20190211_152937.jpg

I don't have a multimeter but I can get hold of one what would I be checking it for? (obviously power lol) but what voltage on which connection points. I am going to order a new psu anyway as this one has seen better days even if it's not the fault.

Cheers.

Those leds did light up until I changed the battery in the mpu6 which had a couple of error codes.... haven't lit up since the battery has been changed I have checked all the main cables they are in there holders correctly I'll get a multimeter shortly.

Thanks.

take the front of the mpu and take the battery back out then try it and then take a close up pic of the mpu with out the casing on

I will get a photo taken once I'm back home.

Thanks again.

Hi Fruit58,

I had taken the mpu apart and taken a photo to then realise after reassembling everything that it hasn't saved!! just my luck, on inspection tho the inside looks fine nothing broken or burnt ect so I'm going to purchase a new psu and will update you all once it arrives. If that doesn't solve the problem I may have to change the mpu6 but then I will need help with software if anybody can help me with that.

Would a faulty psu still allow other parts to power up tho like mine does? unless it's not creating enough power or something I'm not sure but it was definitely powering the mpu a few days ago but with error codes as mentioned.

Cheers all.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.