Benmtturner

Scorpion 4 transister help!

Hi guys new to the forum, looking for help with a scorpion 4 board, I've got 2 boards whick have some lamps locked on all the time and need to identify which transister has gone bad? Any advice? 

go along them with a meter till you find the one (or more) that reads different from the rest

I find it's usually the one that

goes hot when it's switched on.

But I wouldn't touch it whilst it's on

if I were you.

Hi mate! Gatecrasher classics vo1 on in the background there lol Andrew lol? That tune takes me back

1 hour ago, Andrew96_ said:

if you are unable to do that I suggest you leave it well alone

I've gone down and checked them all last night, some of them are pnp and some are npn in the same row? Does that sound right? Sorry I inhereted this board and its clearly been messed with. 

34 minutes ago, Benmtturner said:

I've gone down and checked them all last night, some of them are pnp and some are npn in the same row? Does that sound right? Sorry I inhereted this board and its clearly been messed with. 

Nope, there usually in sections of 8, but don’t have a board in front of me to check at the moment

First 8 from the left will be one sort,  bdw94c next 8 in that row bdw93c

then 8 under the leds bdw94c then the next 8 bdw93c

E43CA6AF-2EC0-4E05-9962-35DC91E88ED5.thumb.jpeg.feafd6992f771628f62430864d9c3804.jpeg

Brilliant I'll check again shortly. Am I correct in assuming the row of 16 is responsible for plug p? Or can it be any of them? 

6 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

Yes it looks that way

I'll concentrate my search there for now as that seems like the suspect plug. Thanks for the help, it's been a while since I last tested anything and I've gotten very rusty!! 

3 hours ago, Andrew96_ said:

Yes it looks that way

Just check both suspicious boards and can't see anything out of the ordinary readings are very similar across the groups of transistors, one board had one transistor missing and 2 pins bridged but removing the bridge didn't achieve anything. Is there anything else I can try, both boards have minor signs of batery corrosion but nothing bad. Thanks again. 

It is also possible that one of the driver transistor ZTX341 or ZTX550 is faulty that are driving the TO/220  for the lamps.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.