Jump to content
stonyat421

clean up [ Crystal club elite ]

Recommended Posts

 got asked if i would sort this out as it had a few problems

looks a interesting machine

20190204_152432.jpg

20190204_152427.jpg

20190205_154417.jpg

20190205_135903.jpg

20190205_154425.jpg

20190204_152509.jpg

20190205_154413.jpg

20190205_154430.jpg

Edited by stonyat421

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wanted club attraction said:

Is this club Elite? 

cheers mate thought i put that in the first post:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

are them burnt tony

20190205_135903.thumb.jpg.6a05db9a196b0433f2ca403fcc598499_LI.jpg

could be mate but they look more green not  checked them properly yet  

Edited by stonyat421

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

that's battery vapours that do that, its common!

its funny how its on this one yet not on any of the others 

20190205_134416.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps not then, but usually that is what it is,  sometimes I have seen the plastic on the wires decompose which results in green gunk in the connectors, perhaps it is somethng like that instead as it is more gooey that rot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

perhaps not then, but usually that is what it is,  sometimes I have seen the plastic on the wires decompose which results in green gunk in the connectors, perhaps it is somethng like that instead as it is more gooey that rot!

I’ve had it before, the whole bloody plug was practically welded on the mpu, an absolute twat to get it off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be nice to see it in action tone .I'm sure you will do it justice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a few pictures of the inside boards and wiring

all to be removed and checked 

there must be about 20 broken bulb holders :D

20190204_152233.jpg

20190204_152239.jpg

20190204_152326.jpg

 

20190204_152413.jpg

20190204_152440.jpg

20190204_152443.jpg

20190205_134344.jpg

20190205_134347.jpg

20190205_134523.jpg

20190205_134531.jpg

20190205_154407.jpg

Edited by stonyat421

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice work tone. That's the problem with those idc bulb holders. Never liked em replaced a few myself and what a pain they are .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job you have just had plenaty of practice with broken bulb holders mate 🤭🙈,  I’ve got loads of spare ones mate if you need some I can send them up to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just clear silicone them in haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tilly1 said:

Good job you have just had plenaty of practice with broken bulb holders mate 🤭🙈,  I’ve got loads of spare ones mate if you need some I can send them up to you 

you no the tool for the job mate works a treat as for holders think im good at the moment mate cheers :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sulzerned said:

nice work tone. That's the problem with those idc bulb holders. Never liked em replaced a few myself and what a pain they are .

very true mate even when people take them from unused looms they still break the small lugs inside that hold the wires down pain in the -----:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, riche100 said:

just clear silicone them in haha 

great advise mate was thinking of using gorilla tape  :crying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha  wrigley's chewing gum is good stuff too :) 

 

good luck with your project

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, stonyat421 said:

you no the tool for the job mate works a treat as for holders think im good at the moment mate cheers :D

Yep it’s going to be put in to action tomorrow night mate as I have been having a little go myself over the last week with a quick top half restore on a crack the nut just tarting up glasses and frames and lamp mask I’m quite pleased so far but it’s not back together yet mate so fingers crossed for tomorrow night 🤞, I just noticed while looking through the pictures you posted up mate that it’s Barcrest  mpu4 mod2 but there is jpm boards in the machine as well ,I’ve never seen that before is that something that Crystal did (mix and match different brands )or Is it something someone’s done later to fix it ?

4AD6B5D7-C40A-4F1C-9172-8D7FC6633C26.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tilly1 said:

Yep it’s going to be put in to action tomorrow night mate as I have been having a little go myself over the last week with a quick top half restore on a crack the nut just tarting up glasses and frames and lamp mask I’m quite pleased so far but it’s not back together yet mate so fingers crossed for tomorrow night 🤞, I just noticed while looking through the pictures you posted up mate that it’s Barcrest  mpu4 mod2 but there is jpm boards in the machine as well ,I’ve never seen that before is that something that Crystal did (mix and match different brands )or Is it something someone’s done later to fix it ?

4AD6B5D7-C40A-4F1C-9172-8D7FC6633C26.jpeg

yeah well spotted mate not to sure myself to be honest was hoping some one would spot it and tell me :clap: did wonder why this was here myself 

Edited by stonyat421

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

nice work mate

cheers mate  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

couple of more pic

think that white block needs sorting out:D any one no what size crimp are used in these 0.156 or 0.2 

not sure on the pins on the connector 12 for the alpha id say  a loose connection on there 

and a nice repair on the bulb holder :tuttut: i found could be causing a short 

 

20190208_141558.jpg

20190208_141612.jpg

20190208_141747.jpg

20190208_142018.jpg

20190208_144048.jpg

20190210_161929.jpg

Edited by stonyat421

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×