I'm still looking for info. on this machine, which I mentioned earlier in either November or December:

It was a pub-type AWP, and Bell Fruit seemed to have gone in a different direction from the others at the time it appeared. The sound effects were very subtle, and it paid-out discreetly, possibly in the then-new 20-pence coin.

The feature worked by time, and the words 'time out' lit up prominently in the centre of the backglass, but that WASN'T the name of the machine.

I've since seen a flyer for a similar machine, CALLED 'time out', from the same era, which I suspect was either a predecessor or a follow-up.

Does anyone know anything about this unusual machine, or even remember it?

3 hours ago, Brigham said:

I'm still looking for info. on this machine, which I mentioned earlier in either November or December:

It was a pub-type AWP, and Bell Fruit seemed to have gone in a different direction from the others at the time it appeared. The sound effects were very subtle, and it paid-out discreetly, possibly in the then-new 20-pence coin.

The feature worked by time, and the words 'time out' lit up prominently in the centre of the backglass, but that WASN'T the name of the machine.

I've since seen a flyer for a similar machine, CALLED 'time out', from the same era, which I suspect was either a predecessor or a follow-up.

Does anyone know anything about this unusual machine, or even remember it?

Time Switch from 1983

Time Switch Bell Fruit October 198323052017 (1).jpg

At last some tangible evidence that I didn't dream the whole thing!

'Time Switch' isn't the machine I remember, but, from the description in the flyer, it is clearly the follow-up.

It was the 'nudge time feature' that I was vaguely remembering. You built-up time on the clock, and used it for nudges. You could pause the clock, during which 'Time Out' lit up.

The sounds were so subtle; breathing or pulsing rather than staccato or sharp.

My local pub ran two machines, a Bell Fruit and a JPM. When this machine was on the go, people played the JPM. It just didn't catch on.

There MUST be one surviving, somewhere...

That MUST be the machine, but I don't remember 'Time Out' being the name.

The game layout is familiar, but I was sure that 'Time Out' only appeared where this machine says 'FREEZE', and that the machine itself was called something else.

I thought the top glass at least was mainly yellow. It could easily be defective memory, of course.

We're definitely making progress, though. Once I get access to the hidden sales/wants section, I intend to place a want-ad for this machine, or material relating to it.

Among other things, of course...

THAT is how I remember it, although it must have said 'Time Out' somewhere.

The 'ziggy' bits, and REBOUND are certainly familiar. It wasn't easy to learn the gameplay, which was unusual compared to the basic play then in vogue.

You would have to hear the sounds to realise how different it was.

Someone must remember playing it?

Count down is the £3 upgrade on Time Out.

Switch over is the £3 upgrade on Time switch.

They look like fun.

Be nice to see a video but

suspect these are now lost machines.

Maybe not lost if the roms are required I'll upload them once it's arrived 

Frutie.jpg

• Like 2

Wow that's come out the blue !Great to see and I assume a straight re glass from £2to £3 .the sys83 machines are so scarce so a vid of this one would be fantastic .would love a Dragon or rattler .

Just a chance to hear the sounds again would be great!

That's a really cool looking machine. These old BFM machines were very playable.

Thanks for sharing and hope you manage to get it up and running. :)

• Like 1

You have it!

THAT is the machine I remember.

I just got 'Time Out' in the wrong place, due to imperfect memory.

• Like 1

Cool machine and so nice to see a sys83 in this cab would love to see the feature on video or a jackpot. Well done for getting it 

• Like 1

Nice one! Good find.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brigham said:

You have it!

THAT is the machine I remember.

I just got 'Time Out' in the wrong place, due to imperfect memory.

The time out is in the little box above freeze. I think this machine started life as a time out there's a schematic drawing in the back that says time out as it's name

Yes it will have done. Time out was the original £2 jackpot machine which would have been upgraded to Count Down when the jackpots were raised to £3.

Is system 83 emmulatable and are the roms required if so I'll try and get them dumped over the weekend cheers Tony 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amot said:

Is system 83 emmulatable and are the roms required if so I'll try and get them dumped over the weekend cheers Tony 

yes and yes please!

I'll talk nicely to stanmarsh see if he'll dump them when hes got time lol

Amot ...nice fined and CRACKING PRICE 👍

Edited by Joe1