Sign in to follow this  
pedro3178

Extremely distorted sound

Hi guys, 

I just took hold of a Barcrest it’s Amazing machine. Condition is fantastic however the sound from the machine is extremely distorted and not worth having on, now I understand these machines are not built with sound quality in mind but never had one sound so bad. 

My question is...  since it’s a dual speaker cabinet what’s the chances of both speakers failing?  Could it be the board itself ?  Any help on what to check would be great . The speakers are Gemmy 4ohms 15 watt but can’t find them anywhere. 

The best way to rule out blown speakers is connect an external one and see if the sound is good.

1 hour ago, mark300 said:

The best way to rule out blown speakers is connect an external one and see if the sound is good.

Yeah your right, will try get a speaker and give this a go. Cheers 

Turns out both speakers are blown. I found my misses old massage chair in the garage and it has 2 4ohm speakers in it! Got them hooked up and the sound is now perfect, obviously they are not a perfect fit but made do just now. The ones in the picture I couldn’t find anywhere on google 

CF0A931C-7D6B-4ED4-9829-E6AE1AA7F384.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pedro3178 said:

Hi guys, 

I just took hold of a Barcrest it’s Amazing machine. Condition is fantastic however the sound from the machine is extremely distorted and not worth having on, now I understand these machines are not built with sound quality in mind but never had one sound so bad. 

My question is...  since it’s a dual speaker cabinet what’s the chances of both speakers failing?  Could it be the board itself ?  Any help on what to check would be great . The speakers are Gemmy 4ohms 15 watt but can’t find them anywhere. 

looking at yours and mine avatars, i can tell were going to get along just fine! lol. :)

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, shaun2097 said:

looking at yours and mine avatars, i can tell were going to get along just fine! lol. :)

😂 brilliant! 

• Haha 2

You can use 8 ohm speakers they are more common.you cant do it other way round though it knackers the amp.

Sign in to follow this