Intro required by group

London based ex Tobysound COP and domestic and semi pro audio service engineer (also sound mixing) but long out of the repair trade. Own 2 AWPs (JPM Big Banker Impact ver and Barcrest Super blackjack club )and 1 Zaccaria pinball although trying to fix up the JPM for my bro. Also I dabble in JAMMA stuff.

Currently having a number of issues with JPM Big Banker and hoping to find some guidance and likewise if I can help others 

forgot  previous machines

Bell Fruit lucky Twos

Something I don't remember think it was called Frogger worked on old 5p

Gottleib Spin A Card pinball 

Bally 8 ball Deluxe pinball -regret selling this one

Tumblepop JAMMA upright -restored and converted to 60 in 1 

thanks guys

meanwhile I've been working on the JPM Big Banker Impact-found a little corrosion mainly on IC U4 socket-luckily the board itself doesn't look too bad although there is also some minor corrosion on the motherboard 

Processor Card Kelvin? Another good machine that one. Jpm Impacts are on of my favs.

• Like 1

I've managed to get it up and running=changed U4 socket, cleaned U4 replaced 100mic and 2x10 mic caps and removed battery also replaced c33 on motherboard. At one point I had smoke from either c33/q15 or q50 and one time Q15 (assume its a lamp driver) got hot in seconds but that was before the other work. I will probably change the other 10 mic caps on the motherboard but right now I need to get the coin mech working- the origonal doesn't work on £1 channel but ok on 20p so I got a replacement which worked fine when it arrived and I tested it on my Barcrest but now that doesn't coin mech work on either this or the barcrest. Initially the impact went into alarm mode for a long time then I started it again and it has been ok for around 30 mins or more (before if it booted it didn't make 5min)-this was before changing the coin mech

Meanwhile I thought I better check the Barcrest MPU4 (Super Blackjack Club) battery -just caught it in time -corrosion on battery but no pcb damage.

Hi kelvin,welcome,sounds like you dont mind getting stuck in.Can be fun and can be fecking frustrating.Enjoy

• Like 1

Thanks all 

luckily Andrew96 mine wasn't too bad -no tracks damaged -I was a little concerned that I wouldn't get good connection component side of the new socket but although it doesn't look soldered the board is working-attached are pre work damage (JPM IC removed) and mid work with socket removed-IC cleaned up perfect with pcb cleaner and fiberglass pencil. Your one looks slightly different memory chip arrangement

now my problem is the MS126 coin mech

org mech channel £1 faulty therefore can't be reprogrammed to new £1 works on 20p perfectly -50p and older lion 10p work but route to fall inside the machine instead of cashbox chute

replacement mech ordered over a year ago tested in barcrest on arrival as working fully now I fit it and it won't accept any coins at all so tried fitting it back in the barcrest and it won't work in that either

Meanwhile I checked the battery in the barcrest no damage at all but battery just started to leak so I quickly removed it and it even leaked onto the sheet of paper I put it on 2 days ago -very lucky escape! esp as the mpu4 is perfect condition20181230_190344.thumb.jpg.52c2b22d0bf2366653b60930c5e8405e.jpg

20181230_190354.jpg

20190112_164345.jpg

20190112_164402.jpg

incidentally to desolder I used a cheap desoldering pump but the type that heats up like a soldering iron Duratool part D01849

all parts ie socket and capacitors and battery (also ordered ZTX450/550 in case) from CPC in Preston the only one I may need they didn't have was TIPP116 on the motherboard which I've seen on ebay.  

PS off hand does anyone know what the white service rocker switch does (not the back door switch)-seems to work in either position

may be for tokens or some think all so check the pins on the coin mech are not bent where the loom plugs in to it

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.