Sign in to follow this  
RobT

Rock On MPU2 touch up

Hi all,

I just want to say a huge thank you to all who have helped and given me advice on my two machines, it been amazing :)

I'm going to send off my mpus for both machines over to someone on here to take a look at.  In the mean time I'm going to strip my Rock On down and remove the glass to touch up with paint and put a protective film over it when done.  I just wanted to ask has anyone resorted an old MPU2 machine?  I looks like i have to remove everything inside including the coin slots too, before the glass comes out (from what I can see)

The problem is as it's been in the cellar parts of the inner gubbins has corroded or even broken due to being brittle. I've attached a load of photos to show.  The coin slots screws have just broken off completly without me even touching them, so the slots won't budge.

I've neglected this for way too long sadly, and it needs some love given back big time (and will be in a dry warm environment when finished) never again in a wet cellar, I'm embarrassed and really sad it's looking the way it is :(

So a few questions if anyone can help?  Also has anyone ever re painted/touched up art work on a machine before?  Need to sort allot out on mine and wondered if it can be done (the silver, yellow and red parts weirdly the blue is ok) and if anyone had any ideas or thoughts?

Again thanks all for your help so far :) any help and tips would be brilliant 

20181219_174537.jpg

20181219_174607.jpg

20181219_174634.jpg

20181219_174643.jpg

20181219_174648.jpg

20181219_174656.jpg

20181219_174706.jpg

I have had similar issues getting off the coin mechs, it can be done though, your going to have to drift out what is left of the bolt, but I would try getting some lubricant in there, something like wurth rost off is good shit!

you will have to be gentle though not to damage to much, but it can be done. The glass is a different matter though, one I’m not sure you will achieve.

Thanks Mike, ah ok so it's doable, I'll have a try but the coin slots do look welded in due to no screw :(

As for the glass, ok so that's possibly not going to happen, thought i would put the question out there see if anyone has attempted it as it's in a bit of a sorry state, oh well :(

You will get the bolts out, little bit of love and patience! But they will go 👍

• Thanks 1

that glass could be sorted and would look a lot better  with the right touch up paint :D

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking the same, just not sure how easy it is to get the glass out or the best place to get the paint from to do it.  Just thought i would ask on here if anyone has even tried any of this on there machine :)

Wow! A Rock On still in existence. 

The first ever machine I played at Cardiff Central

Railway station. Loved it.

It's one on my wish list to own or even to play again.

Hope your restoration project is a success mate.

There were some really good mpu2 games out there

back in the day.

Would love to see a video for sure when it's done.

Good luck with it Rob

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this