fruit58

fruit machine

I wonder if Mick or anyone else could/would purchase old boards and repair them and stock them, sell them to people who need new ones. Helps the members out plus there will be a little profit in it for them. Maybe even part exchange them. 

Well if he does then great!!

but it takes a LOT of time to repair the tracks then there is the impossible task of sourcing obsolete components that are not Chinese counterfeits that don’t even work!,then boards have to be well tested in EVERY in and output as some machines use different ports so testing on one machine does not necessary mean it will work on another! A good example of that is a mpu4 board in a normal and club machine, different payout outputs from the mpu are used, so may work on a normal machine but not on a clubber version, lots of pitfalls! You really need the factory test rigs to test them properly! I gave up doing boards for people, got slated for it and threatened with ‘“know where you live” so was not worth all the hassle, good luck to anyone that does! I just do my own boards bought off eBay cheap now!

Yeah I can understand both sides of this. I'm not even selling parts anymore because I had people trying to scam me and returning their faulty parts to me. But then I'm happy to help out on here too. Mr MN the legend fixed a board for me on here.

It's got to be worth people's while at the end of the day. Although I did see those Repoch boards selling for £120+ presumably prices are going to go up too as time goes on and original boards become more scarce.

Can't help but think your Re-impacts cpus cards would go like hot cakes now Andrew. Not sure how much cost an hassle it is though. I would have paid top dollar for two a few months ago.

It's got to be worth the time/ money/enjoyment at the end of the day though.

Edited by MattyL

thats why i dont  charge them, just postage and recycle parts off old boards,we recycle garden waste and normal rubbish ,why cant we recycle fruit machine boards for parts ,that way we wouldnt have to go on ebay to buy counterfeit ics

yes well the JPM impact...

I had 3 months between jobs while the security clearance was going through, so thought now it is several years since I sold bits I would see if I could sell some like the impact boards, then came the obsolete GAL chips and just counterfeits about which I just wont fit!, same with the system 80, so just enjoyed the summer off and started the job once the clearance was cleared!

now also there was a tax investigation to deal with, and sorting that out I had to prove the tax return was correct, paypal income etc (which it was) which took time and money! money earnt and declared from board repairs! trouble was the amount it cost in sorting it out was more than I actually made in repairs! so all for nothing AND I lost more money besides!

so as I am in full time employment, if the tax investigate again I just hand them my payslips and say go f**k yourselves! IF I now sell or take money I not only have to declare and pay tax on the money from paypal etc, then I also have to prove it all to them! so if I sell nothing and take nothing I don't have any of that trouble ever again!! so by not selling anything or doing repairs I am actually BETTER off!!

strange old world isn't it!!!

even if someone pays you postage by paypal you still have to fill out a tax return, declare it AND pay tax due on it,  so just beware if the tax comes investigating and you have not declared paypal income they can (and then do) open up other years, just guess at the tax you should have paid (which is grossly over-inflated) then times it by however many years they think! and you don;t have a leg or any appeal against it... its TAX and they rule!

5 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

how can i be taxed when i dont earn anything as my time is free 

if you take ANYTHING by paypal it is taxable, even postage costs, you have to declare it, if you don't and they investigate (which believe me they do, once in the 80's and once recently, so that is twice and they found nothing both times) then it opens up all sorts of things!

I heard they got someone to decalre and sign that there was no other income for the year they was investigating, which the person did, then they presented him with his tesco points they had got the info on and said gotcha! where did the cash come from to get these points as  it was not on your tax return! big trouble!! they do all sorts of sneaky things!!

o well if i get busted no more nagging wife and screaming kids ,what a holiday that would be in the nick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fruit58 said:

o well if i get busted no more nagging wife and screaming kids ,what a holiday that would be in the nick

no they are the tax office, they just take everything you own they can get the money back, rather like bailiffs but no court order needed!

they might never catch up with you, but it only takes one jealous person or someone with a gripe and they can easily report to the tax investigation these days, there is even a special hotline!

for me it was no worth the hassle any more, so nothing gets sold now even though I am still developing things. so if they try again I can deal with them in 5 mins flat!

6 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

got nothing in the house worth taking any way only the missus happy days

Thats not true mick,what about the log burner lol

41 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

if you take ANYTHING by paypal it is taxable, even postage costs, you have to declare it, if you don't and they investigate (which believe me they do, once in the 80's and once recently, so that is twice and they found nothing both times) then it opens up all sorts of things!

I heard they got someone to decalre and sign that there was no other income for the year they was investigating, which the person did, then they presented him with his tesco points they had got the info on and said gotcha! where did the cash come from to get these points as  it was not on your tax return! big trouble!! they do all sorts of sneaky things!!

Tax men are basterds and as andrew says can go feck themselves,Bet your life they are the biggest fiddling twats on the planet.And the other parasites like traffic wardens and councils.Do as i say and not as i do.Worthless fecks

7 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

in that case better stop repairing ha ha

Yep stop repairing but keep practicing mate 😉

Think its a case of your not takeing money...!!

So its a  very long road to find any one guilty of takeing moneys of any sort!

Only giveing any money's to a friend or friend's  in need.

1 hour ago, Joe1 said:

Think its a case of your not takeing money...!!

So its a  very long road to find any one guilty of takeing moneys of any sort!

Only giveing any money's to a friend or friend's  in need.

the onus is on you to prove that is the case otherwise it is money laundering! :wacko:, they can find out very easily anything about your financial dealings with this new computer system they have called "connect" and with new laws sneaked in in September they have more powers than ever!

How-taxman-spies-buy-sell-online-thanks-new-law-hardly-noticed

Edited by Andrew96_

This has gone way off topic now I thought this forum was a bout helping people out with there fruit machines lol

Just now, fruit58 said:

This has gone way off topic now I thought this forum was a bout helping people out with there fruit machines lol

yup, I used to do just that! now I just post what I do to my own boards,  just pointing out the pitfalls that can easily happen if someone doesn't like what you are doing! with the gambling commission also sniffing about I am glad I don't like fruit machines either and stick to the video games they are not interested in :lol:

just be aware that's all!

8 hours ago, Andrew96_ said:

yup, I used to do just that! now I just post what I do to my own boards,  just pointing out the pitfalls that can easily happen if someone doesn't like what you are doing! with the gambling commission also sniffing about I am glad I don't like fruit machines either and stick to the video games they are not interested in :lol:

just be aware that's all!

Thought you had monopoly.thats a fruity.

51 minutes ago, warlord said:

Thought you had monopoly.thats a fruity.

oh that went earlier in the year as had no need for it now to test M1 boards on it

nice one mate when you put the board back in the machine make sure the plugs are on right has you can over shoot by a pin so check twice hope this helps