stanmarsh14

2732 ROM burning HELP!

Now I remember why I gave away my old stock of 2732's.

For whatever reason, my Mcumall GQ-4x hates dealing with 2732 ROM's, despite it having the Texas Instruments and Hitachi ones listed, yet all the other 27 series rom's, it's fine with.

I have a number of blanks ready (The unit will blank test them no problem mind), and wondering if someone can give me a hand burning one off for the Adders & Ladders (£2JP / 10p) game for me?

I can always burn you a set if needs be. How many ROMs are there as I can't find that file in downloads? (MPU3/4)

6 hours ago, midibob said:

I can always burn you a set if needs be. How many ROMs are there as I can't find that file in downloads? (MPU3/4)

I'm just about leaving work now, so will upload the files when I get back.

FFS, I'm a thick twat!

I forget sometimes, that Hitachi don't always follow the main naming conventions (It's a HN462532G, not HN4627 etc as you would normally expect), so eventually finds it in my programmer, loads everything up and hit's burn..... bugger appears to have worked.... D'OH! :D

Mind you, still don't explain why certainly the Texas Instruments 2732 ones don't work, even in generic mode, so waiting for word back from Mcumall.

Edited by stanmarsh14

Bonus today.....

Did buy an ST 2732 off ebay, but an AMD arrived, legs appear to have been solder dipped, and suspect it's been blacktopped too, so arguing with the a hole on ebay as we speak, so will update later.

Been in to Derby today for some bits, and popped over to my fave electronics shop, RF Potts.

Picked up a project box, and I asked quite randomly, if they had any eproms, especially the 2732 type, thinking they would have next to nowt.

They have quite a few ST 27c4001's, a pair of old 2764's, and lurking in the bottom, was an Hitachi HN462732G (Used), so I could not believe my luck.

Best thing of all..... they gave it me for free! :)

ebay is now dreadful for counterfeit chips, try using acetone and see if the black comes off on the top of the chip, it shoulden't of course so if it does it has been messed with to hide something and therefore is counterfeit! acetone you can get in boots or superdrug as the real nail polish remover! just make sure it is acetone and not the stuff for (sensitive) removal which is not acetone!

• Thanks 1

Rf potts,not been for a while but great shop.once i went in to buy stuff and they actually drew a circuit diagram on a paper bag for me.

1 minute ago, warlord said:

Rf potts,not been for a while but great shop.once i went in to buy stuff and they actually drew a circuit diagram on a paper bag for me.

Place has been in Derby since year dot, starting out as a radio hobbyist place, but does a fuck load of electronic stuff, testing gear, disco stuff, 2nd hand comps (Quite reasonable prices), with hangers, drawers, and shelves all over the place, and can almost always help out.

Just yesterday went in, and saw some capacitor's size of 2 baked beans cans stacked on top of each other.

They tend to have surplus stock from factories aswell such as geared motors,solar pannels,displays,fan blades etc,normally in boxes in the window.This thread has set me on now to pay a visit.

• Thanks 1

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the "M2732A EPROM" you recently purchased. My name is Prem, allow me to assist you today.  

I’ve reviewed the details of the Return and since the seller has failed to provide label, I’m delighted to let you know I’ve issued you with a full refund. It will reach your PayPal account in a couple of hours. Also, you are not required to return the item.

- Refund amount: $3.98

- Refunded PayPal account: *****@virginmedia.com

I hope you have a great day. Thank you for being part of eBay.

Kind Regards,  

Prem B.

eBay Customer Service

Seams E-bay are not gonna give me any grief, and very surprised it was sorted so quick and over xmas too..... Yes it's only a few quid, but would hope folks would challenge every one of these small orders, so these sellers will get the message.

Andrew, will give it the acetone treatment and report back soon as I get some.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:26 PM, warlord said:

They tend to have surplus stock from factories aswell such as geared motors,solar pannels,displays,fan blades etc,normally in boxes in the window.This thread has set me on now to pay a visit.

Heh, place can be addictive with what they have.

They still have ready stock of lead based solder, selling it in meter lengths if needs must (Which I had to do after mis-placing my massive coil of the stuff the other week, finding the bugger last night in my comp spares drawer, after looking for a SATA cable), fully understanding how shit the lead free stuff is.

Quite rare these good old fashioned electronics places these days, and even harder these days, now Craplins has bit the dust.

Andrew, if you are ever up Derby way at any time, get yourself over to this place on Babbington Lane, you will not be disappointed.