warlord

Maygay its a knockout

Machine delivered at 11.45 pm last night.Quick look and the board is much better than i was expecting.It even has the black pins holding mpu in and the black cover over the mpu.It has 2 tubes full of tokens and all generally ok inside.The main bad points are,top of cab has swelled a lot,but that should be relatively easy to sort and  the back glass is quite bad with lots of flaking and peeling.Pics coming later today,if anyone has a spare glass please let me know

check the battery.

first thing i did was cut off the battery.here are some pics.saveable but only if i get another glass.

knockout 001.JPG

knockout 002.JPG

knockout 003.JPG

knockout 004.JPG

knockout 005.JPG

knockout 006.JPG

knockout 007.JPG

knockout 008.JPG

knockout 009.JPG

My camelot is just as bad as that glass wise,  doesnt bother me tbh you just live with it.   Youll need to wish really hard to get a replacement glass for that but even with the damaged glass I would keep it. its just showing its age!

Get the white mold cleaned out of it tho or you will be getting head colds for months!!

The mpu needs a new test push switch and volume pot.Where would i get the pcb mount switch.

Ok,i have a new desolder station,new set of fiber glass pens,new uv light,solder resist,ipa to clean board,plus new pcb switch etc to sort this mb1 out properly.I will be restoring this very soon as its totally against my nature to scrap classics.I need also to make a new top for cab,so if interested watch this thread as all progress and pics will go here.Thanks for being patient with my questions andrew.

I look forward to it, can’t beat a good repair thread! Hope it goes well.

1 hour ago, MikeB said:

I look forward to it, can’t beat a good repair thread! Hope it goes well.

Thanks mike,i will make sure it does go well.And if i get stuck i know you guys will step in

Starting on this in next few days.And im getting a new backglass made,expensive but so what.I need to make a new top to start with.Just finishing work on the car

Used to love this machine,liked to get on it after someone had lost to get that tank red,not seen many about since! Were the sounds sampled from something else or made for the machine does anyone know? "It's over to Eddy"
Nice one.

Well always nice too see and read these 

repair thread's 

Looking forward to seeing what may come from hard work  being put inn!

1 hour ago, pager said:

Used to love this machine,liked to get on it after someone had lost to get that tank red,not seen many about since! Were the sounds sampled from something else or made for the machine does anyone know? "It's over to Eddy"
Nice one.

Not sure on that.Im thinking some audio was created for machine and maybe some taken from the program on tv.It will cost more than its worth currently to restore but i have had this before and regretted selling it,so whatever im saving it,and its in a sorry state

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe1 said:

repair thread's 

3 minutes ago, Joe1 said:

repair thread's 

Well joe,im hoping a nice machine plenty of pics will follow the project

• Like 1

Look forward too seeing it mate... and the new glass think alot will be interested to seeing how it comes out 👍

started work tonight.The cab is swollen quite bad on right side and replacing side is not an option,i have it clamped up at moment to try and get it looking better,plus heater on to dry wood.Still not sure if this is saveable,otherwise cab is good.Reels are out and glass is out,and top is off,thats quite hard to remake aswell.Will re assess cab tomorrow

its a knock restoration 013.JPG

its a knock restoration 014.JPG

its a knock restoration 015.JPG

just had a little look at the board out of the machine desolder the rom card older off the board bet there loads of crap under it

Once the swollen side is dry, it might be worth drilling into the wood from the front and back and running in some laminating compound. And then reclamping, letting it set off. 

Might help.