warlord

Maygay its a knockout

Looking good! What do you find the best sprays to use on panels like these out of interest?

15 hours ago, pager said:

Looking good! What do you find the best sprays to use on panels like these out of interest?

For metal i use plasticote primer and satin black.for paint brushing like cabinet sides i use wilko satin black.

• Like 1

Great,thanks.

Nice job... the mdf once it's blown does loose a Bit of integrity. Once it's gone/glued back it will still be able to be orbital sanded flat. Also long as its sealed/filled nicely it will look like new when refinished. What thickness is it 18mm? If it's just one of those panels I can trim you a replica if your really struggling mate

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MattyL said:

Nice job... the mdf once it's blown does loose a Bit of integrity. Once it's gone/glued back it will still be able to be orbital sanded flat. Also long as its sealed/filled nicely it will look like new when refinished. What thickness is it 18mm? If it's just one of those panels I can trim you a replica if your really struggling mate

Thanks matt,very kind offer.all is well so far,will have a go at new top pannel friday

hi mate your board  came to day accidently knocked desoldring gun off bench and broke it going to order a new one off ebay soon as it comes will start on your board mate

2 hours ago, fruit58 said:

hi mate your board  came to day accidently knocked desoldring gun off bench and broke it going to order a new one off ebay soon as it comes will start on your board mate

Thanks mick,i thought that was new desolderer you bought recently.if i were you i would bolt it down.No rush dude

it was only 6 months old but these things happen so i just get the fiber pen on it for now then lift the ics off when it comes

hi mate started on your board here is a few pics going to need a few of them wire links i removed rom card holder because it was starting to rot in side

20190118_164300.jpg

20190118_164442.jpg

20190118_172359.jpg

20190118_173057.jpg

20190118_185205_LI.jpg

• Like 1

rom card holder removed it was green and rotting more track fixing

20190118_184215.jpg

the GAL socket will disintegrate so that needs to come off, and there will be broken tracks under  the ym2149 and 74hc373, the 74hc04 may still be ok but sometimes just one gate in it will fail

mick which desoildering station are you after mate post up a picture please 

Just had a look on eBay mate there’s none of them in the uk there all post from China mate 

yes dave thats where it came from took  2 weeks for me to get it

mick,you are a star.Top pannel remade today,I have copied exact original.I have laminated the top and the rest will be painted black.Even done all pilot holes for what mounts inside but maybe you cant see them.Need to get some 8mm dowels now.

knock2 001.JPG

knock2 002.JPG

knock2 003.JPG

• Like 1

Nice bit of work done their!

looks perfect 👌 

i mate a few more pics on track repair you asked me how i do it this is how i do it

20190118_221959.jpg

20190118_222454.jpg

20190118_222400.jpg

16 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

oh by the way top work on the cab mate

Great job mick.yes woodwork is my thing.Restored and built many cabs over the years.I also have new edge trim for glass but its 15mm wide so i will trim it to about 8mm.to match original.Im putting right 12 years of bad neglect.Think its the worst one ive ever had,but its worth saving and its loved again.

yes mate i agree top man  i will be working on the board daily