Eastenders

Scorpion 1

Hello does anyone have a photo of a scorpion 1 board please as ive just found out that scorpion 1 exists and thought that scorpion 2 was the first release of machines made , thanks

the manuals in downloads have drawings of boards inside them for the tech its describing

(most of anyway)    

$_86.JPG

Edited by riche100

Scorp1s and 2s are different from each other.

And won't work in each other's machines

Even though they have similar arrangement.

Scorp1s came out first.

Just named Scorpion as you can make out in the picture above.

Before scorpion1, bfm system 83 then 85 can't remember if any more before scorpion1? 

Loved scorpion1 fruit machines esp £4.80 jobbies!

Edited by mabby2000

Driving school was one... the first ever machine I played.

While we are on this subject... why was there no Scorpion 3!? Always wondered this??

Scorpion What a name for a fruit machine manufacturer or developer lol we all know what a scorpion is lol just a weird name for the technology

I'm sure I've seen Scorpion 3 mentioned before, it was a short lived technology used in foreign machines.

• Like 1

Scorpion, 'sting in the tail'. Scorp 1 audio faults have brought many a man to tears!:lol:

On only fools and horses scorpion 1 its a shame you dont get the fools and horses theme tune at the end when you get jackpot but you do get it on the scorpion 2 version

On 12/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, Line Up Chris said:

Scorp1s and 2s are different from each other.

And won't work in each other's machines

Even though they have similar arrangement.

Scorp1s came out first.

I believe scorp 2 roms are encrypted data where scorp 1 is not, think that is why the roms wont work in each others tech!

not really encrypted as such- just the board gets crafty with the address lines between the ROMcard and the control MUX.

32 minutes ago, MAGIK said:

not really encrypted as such- just the board gets crafty with the address lines between the ROMcard and the control MUX.

yep but makes the rom data effectively encrypted so not easy to even read the alpha ascii data

Would the gameplay still be ok and coin mech except coins ? Is it just the alpha display that wont be right ? Only fools and horses dont have an alpha display its like an animated display

Whilst we are on the subject of scorpion 1 will a scorpion 2 power supply work in a scorpion 1 machine ?

i use a scorp 1 psu to power and test scorp 2 boards, as long as the plug keyway is in the gap in the pins it works fine

yeah s2 has one extra 12v pin dont it.

On the scorpion 1 board theres a green button and red what the red one for and the green one ? What button do I need to press to feed coins through the tubes ? What button is for test mode ?