Swago

Club road hog problem

😫 hi everyone hope some one can help me out I have a club road hog fruit machine which starts up fine but I have no sound ?? Also when I get on the feature and spin the numbers reel it is saying spin alarm reel e and a alarm goes off any help would be greatly appreciated tia regards paul

18 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

Have you tried the mpu 4 board 

it won't be that as only the alarm sound come from the mpu4 board, all other sounds are from the program card in this case

I have a box full of mpu4 cards will try find it and check if I have one

So can it be a security chip not accepting the doner board.If you replace boards,normally you need to fit original chips

In that case im not sure it will ever work.unless you get the correct chip.or clone the original which you dont have.I wonder if andrew might have a solution

Thanks so much all I am a complete novice at this and tony has helped me loads already thanks for all your input Sorry I haven’t replied sooner I study 12 hours a day 👍🏻👍🏻

20 hours ago, warlord said:

In that case im not sure it will ever work.unless you get the correct chip.or clone the original which you dont have.I wonder if andrew might have a solution

Nope not for CHR chips for mpu4, they contain more info on the machine than just a code for the machine to work, they also contain a lamp map table to unscramble the lamp positions, so not easy to reproduce!

Ah right! Possibly it’s there to change the sound address map from the cpu, if the cpu is saying to play this tune x  but it’s not being heard by the sound generator then there will be no sound!! The PAL chip could change it so it’s heard! That sort of thing..

• Like 1

it could possibly be reproduced, depends what the base chip is and if it is combinational or registered logic inside,  if it is the right type it does not matter if its protected or not

show me how you are hooking the game card up

Also , with the game powered up touch the amplifier casing with a finger do you hear a loud interference hum. Put the volume up to maximum and see if you can hear the lamp interference.

Photo it connected up in the machine.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:14 PM, Swago said:

😫 hi everyone hope some one can help me out I have a club road hog fruit machine which starts up fine but I have no sound ?? Also when I get on the feature and spin the numbers reel it is saying spin alarm reel e and a alarm goes off any help would be greatly appreciated tia regards paul

photo how you have the card connected up in the machine

Hi all Thanks for all your replies. I spoke to Tony today. He suggested I put a video of the machine working and the game card up. I have recieved another replacement game card with sound chip and put the original proms back onto the card. (As shown in the pic). However I am still not getting constant sound. Any help greatly appreciated. 

1179EED1-2919-49D7-AEF7-9B5554A69431.jpeg

FA11CD72-9887-4AC5-BCC4-6640545E6814.jpeg

61DD752C-2171-4743-8834-A9BE09C92620.jpeg

the amp is all so running has there is sound try burning some new sound roms then see what happens