Brigham

Golden Cherry/ Plum Crazy.

Do we have the back-door diagram for Golden Cherry?

It's the 5p-2 credits, 10p-4 credits version, and it has bizarrely started to give only 3 goes for 10p.

I looked inside, expecting to find a mechanical credit counter, similar to 'lucky two's'. i ought to have known better!

So it presumably stores the credits on relays. Trouble is, the diagram is no longer on the back of the door.

I started substituting a known relay, but it looked like being a long job, especially as I'm not sure I'm working on the right lines.

Am I anywhere near?

Normally a credit counter was used for more than 2 credits as without it then a relay will be required for every credit and why most electro's have a 2 credits which consists and labelled on the back door diagram as a 2 credit relay and a credit relay for the single credit...Unfortunately I don't have a back door diagram but if it's using relays then expect 4 to be used. 1 to hold each credit.

on 10p credit the 4 should lock in and as each game played and the main control timer makes one complete cycle and in turn 1 relay should drop out until the last credit cancels the last relay stopping anymore games being played.

Wonder if thats the golden cherry i sold a couple of years ago

Thanks, BF74. From that, I should be able to track it down.

WARLORD: Did your Golden Cherry come with an ACE 'Winfall'?

Wow! Small world! Hope you get it sorted. Quite rare for 10p 4 plays... video when it's sorted! 

Golden cherry is a very nice basic game,the feature never came up very often but good when it did.Paid 5p regular.So it appears it may be a relay fault.Be nice to know what you trace it to.

Well, I found the credit relays; four in a line, top left.

Swapping pairs of relays moved the fault from 10p-3 plays to 5p-ONE play, so it's clearly a relay at fault,

BUT... it suddenly started working correctly, 5p-2 plays, 10p-4 plays. I really hate these 'intermittent' faults.

I'll swap all four for known good ones, and test them on the bench with the AVO.

Thanks for the help.

If replacing the relays fails to cure the problem the another point of interest to look at.

There have been different Cam Switches used on a mixture of BF games on the main control timer to keep the credit relays energised, cs2 with it's own relay, cs7, cs8 with it's own relay and even cs10, Depending on how or even if they have utilised the four relay credit system on this machine.

Quite possible for a spade connector on one or more of the main control timer cam switches are loose or a switch is beginning to fail.