Xzilzalx

1991 Bell Fruit Temptation

Good evening!

I have a Bell fruits Temptation machine as shown in the picture provided.

Its been in storage for the past 5 years and now I’ve got it back.

Fortunately it’s booted up straight away and from a playing point of view performs as it should. However the sound isn’t working at all. Would the sound be RAM based on this machine and the back up battery has died? If so is there a way of getting it back? If not then I can look into speaker broken etc

Also is it possible on this age of machine to convert it to new coins? 

Sorry for such amatuer questions but really have no idea about the workings of these machines.

thank you in advance for any help!

image.jpg

socket that plugs the speaker onto the mainboard suffers badly with battery vapours rotting it and turning it green with corrosion! have a look at that

1 hour ago, Andrew96_ said:

socket that plugs the speaker onto the mainboard suffers badly with battery vapours rotting it and turning it green with corrosion! have a look at that

I think your probably right, just had a little look at it all and I could reset what I guess is the motherboard. I could then hear the sounds but extremely quiet with the volume at the max 

Gotta be battery rot if it's been in storage for five years. 

For a second there, I was hoping it was the sys83 version..or might of been earlier than that??

Statto

Sounds like damp or the cold

has got into the volume pot if it hasn't

been switched on for a long time.

Also check with refill key turned

as you can adjust volume that way.

If it's a scorpion 1 machine 

Volume adjust can be done via

the test mode .

Common fault really with cold/damp getting

into the volume pot.

Get that battery off and fly wired too

as Andrew says ,the fumes will almost certainly

cause damage.

Hope you sort it.

Looks like a nice machine too.

Cool machine! I've got the 2000 version in bits.

Not sure if it's too much of a bodge job for the mecca but if you can hear the sound quietly and it's a mission to sort the board out you can get 12v amps off Amazon not to pricey should be an alternate fix for sound on your machine. 

I fitted one in when making my arcade machine. Assuming the sound is audible and clear of course buddy sound is as loud as fruit machine.

Edited by MattyL

Hi there great machine, is there any chance of some nice hi res photos of this machine to imortalise it in emulated form please!!

An awsome series of scorp1 clubbers that bellfruit did between 89-91 .all very much in the same mold but extremely playable and we could get a good return back in the day. Love the sampled heaven 17 on the feature climb ! As said above these scorp1 s really suffer from poor sound due to the close proximty of the batt to the sound pot and chips and as bob will tell you these boards were cheaply made and the solder resist isnt the best and allows the batt acid to leak under the tracks .

Chris on these scorp1 s the volume is controlled from the pot and not from the refill switch which i believe scorp2s are .

1 hour ago, Wanted club attraction said:

Has this not been emulated yet then?

It has, on the bfmemulator which I've converted to mfme but only a classic type layout