Hi, I've got a Barcrest Hot Hot Hot machine for domestic use and since the battery went flat has lost it's firmware in RAM. It comes up with a 'memory corrupt' error.

So I'm trying to bootstrap it via via usb slot A.

I have a 4mb redhhh14s.bin file, and tried to get to to read that but it comes back with an error 'No Filesystem'.

So I wanted to ask what filesystem the USB is expected to be formatted to? And what files do I require for a MPU6 board, is it just the one 4mb .bin file or are there more I need?

Many thanks!

Spurtus

hello and welcome

hold the plus and minus in together on the the mpu 6 then turn the machine on  it will get you in to menu go to ram test and do a ram test some times this works 

Many thanks buddies, done the RAM test a few times now and I now get an 'RTC reset' error. 'Real Time Clock' I presume.

I also need to admit to having previously selected 'Erase Program' - what would that have done exactly? will that be undermining my attempts to get this going?

Please don't tell me I killed it 😕I've got the .bin file which should be possible to reinstate from USB A slot. I'm just not sure how to prepare the USB stick, it says 'Reading USB STCK' for about a minute then 'No Filesystem'.

I'm presuming that indicates the filesystem on the stick isn't of the correct format FAT32 / NTFS or that it is expecting a different file from the one I have?

Pretty sure the guy I got the machine from has run erase program too, that's what got me to this point... bit I still feel foolish for pressing that.

so was the machine working when you had it of that guy all so where did you get the soft ware from whats on the usb stick

Fruity was not operational and the guy who had it was aware it needed 'reflashed' and had been 'trying everything' and had the file.

I bought it because it was ultra cheap @£30 and as I'm building arcade cabinets I figured whatever the condition I could convert one to arcade cabinet and save on some MDF and parts but upon seeing the sheer quality of the machine and the gas strutts! it would be a terrible shame to salvage/repurpose! It's really well put together!

What I'd really like to find out if anybody knows is how exactly the USB should house the software for it to be read.

If anybody has any experience with reflashing that might help me understand what's involved or even tell me if it's impossible I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Cheap USB stick from Tesco works fine, done loads

Must not have any security on the stick like some used to, where you had to type in a password to access

Format as NTFS, I used a 2GB, larger ones may not work

The .bin file needs to be extracted from the original zip file you get from Barcrest

I have access if you need the file again

Hi can someone please help me I have a monty python flying circus mpu6 and it wasn’t used for long time so when I switched it on it had low battery I have since replaced the battery but now says RTC reset then after  it goes into test mode says alarm 42/48 memory corrupt can someone please help thanks

1 hour ago, Glen666 said:

Hi can someone please help me I have a monty python flying circus mpu6 and it wasn’t used for long time so when I switched it on it had low battery I have since replaced the battery but now says RTC reset then after  it goes into test mode says alarm 42/48 memory corrupt can someone please help thanks

Stop hijacking other people's threads. It can get incredibly confusing....

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.