hitthesix

Cash n' carry classic

Posted (edited)

Set on 2p play with the jackpot at £1

massive thanks to riche100 for the roms and images provided, thanks to stan marsh for the rom dump

and upload, the playtesters, captain haddock, superbank and launton

and of course a massive thanks to wizard for the amazing emulator, and the advice.

shortcuts

coin in=o

start/gamble=spacebar

start/collect=z

cancel/autonudge=a

holds/1-2-3-

CASH N CARRY.zip

CASH N CARRY.jpg

Edited by hitthesix
Added shortcuts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Superb many thanks Seb and great to see you around. Great memories of playing this in Morecambe around 92(an arcade still had 2) Looks superb thanks Seb.  Thanks Riche for donating the roms to such a rare rare machine

• Like 1

Many thanks for this. I remember playing this machine in the late 80's, but could never remember what it was called. Another mystery solved. :-) 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2010 at 8:31 PM, ploggy said:

Here's a photo of Cash 'N' Carry. It was in the Gallery here. I've got a flier for Cash Climber, but I'm not sure if it's the same machine you're thinking of. Both attached.

Ploggy - I've got a sneaking suspicion that the photo you found/posted is a much older tech than the MPU3 version in the list (check out the buttons and awards for different win combinations - not very high!)

The reason I'm sure is because I played a Barcrest Cash 'n' Carry in Bodmin, Cornwall in mid-late 90's (at the back of a pet shop up the road from Toymaster in the high-street of all places!) and it was a special half-height machine which was distinctive but had all the same buttons, sounds and similar features to Line-Up (right next to it in the list) but without the game board and exchange facility. I think it had the 9 symbol matrix with a grape in the centre - each line lit = 2 nudges, you know the one! It also had the classic "Jackpot Tune" of Barcrest's of that era (exactly like Tuppenny Topper...)

Wish I could find either of those machines - absolutely love anything with that Jackpot Tune. There was another one which was 2p / £1.50 jackpot that had the same fruit matrix for nudges and a moving target at the top with 5 shots for maximum 50p award (bullseye was 10p).

I know this was probably a clone etc like Tuppenny Topper, but both were definately MPU3. Don't know if that jogs anyone's memories...

TT

...and here it is!!  Fantastic - thank you HTS for such a clean and easy to play classic layout.  Thanks also to Rich not only for the roms, but also uploading pics and vids - awesome!!  I've been waiting *years* (see above) to catch up with this little gem of a machine.

Thanks as always to Wizard for the emu and for the scene for continuing to support one of my passions :)

TT

• Like 2

Very nice, thanks ever so much for the release of this quality old machine. :)

Special thanks to Riche for the ROMs. 

• Like 1

Hi, I noticed the “cash in” isn’t registering, the “cash out” is working fine. I’ve had a fiddle of the settings with my very limited knowledge, but I still can’t get it to work. On saying that, it doesn’t spoil the enjoyment of playing this classic. 

9 minutes ago, STORMTROOPER said:

Hi, I noticed the “cash in” isn’t registering, the “cash out” is working fine. I’ve had a fiddle of the settings with my very limited knowledge, but I still can’t get it to work. On saying that, it doesn’t spoil the enjoyment of playing this classic. 

Strange as it was working fine, anyhow to get it registering coins in  hit  "config" and put(bottom) dip 7 on

it will only let you play 5credits at a time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

on the actual machine you can play more than one coin at a time and therefore you have more than 5 credits :) 

its a dip switch setting to enable multi coins as per the wiring diagram instructions :) 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

According to the wiring diagram, this machine doesn't have any meters, therefore proper accounting is not possible

Capture.JPG

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, riche100 said:

on the actual machine you can play more than one coin at a time and therefore you have more than 5 credits :) 

its a dip switch setting to enable multi coins as per the wiring diagram instructions :) 

Yeah i know mate, but!!!! as wizard has already told me  it has no meters, that's why i left it as it was,

as i was playing it before release to make sure i had the lamps  correct for the  " insert 10p for 5 plays"

and the coin bezel.

Many thanks for this,as said before in another topic a machine that i had played when i was 12 many moons ago and never thought i would remember what it was let a lone play again

• Like 1