Hi, I have just bought my first fruit machine which is a Maygay (Impulse) Wipe out fruit machine. It has not been used for many years and when I powered the fruit machine on there is a buzz from the top speaker that changes in sync with the security LED on the front of the machine but the LED display or no other lights will show on the outside of the machine.  I inspected the MPU as I read that the battery can leak and damage it and I noticed that the battery has leaked slightly (photo attached) I tried cleaning the board and removing the battery from the board but no buttons or front lights or display screen are not working at all.

I have since bought a working MPU from a seller on eBay and should be with me the next couple of day, since then I have also noticed that all the PCBS have a green power light on them apart from the reel driver (I have bought a replacement capacitor for the reel driver but not yet fitted), and also all the led lights on the power supply are lit apart from the sync light?

I read online that the power supply PCB  are prone to faults and sometimes fire, I have remove the two capacitors inside but was hoping to find a mk2 power supply PCB just to be safe  but have not had any luck.

Do you think the replacement MPU should fix it or do you think the power supply and the reel driver will need replacing to? Also, does anybody know where I can source a mk2 board for the power supply please?

Thank you :)

20181006_192846.jpg

20181006_192423.jpg

20181006_190408.jpg

mk2 psu's are crap! like all the mk2 (djp onestop) pcb's they are worse than the original designs for faults and blowing up!

hello and welcome

• Like 1

Epoch machines are a terrible choice for a beginner. You could end up having to replace every board in there to get it working again - they really are that bad!

Just now, Andrew96_ said:

mk2 psu's are crap! like all the mk2 (djp onestop) pcb's they are worse than the original designs for faults and blowing up!

Oh, ill just stick with the original then haha

Just now, CanonMan said:

Epoch machines are a terrible choice for a beginner. You could end up having to replace every board in there to get it working again - they really are that bad!

Yeah I've read that all over different forums, I've only got the machine as it was my neighbour's sons, so thought I'd give it a go trying to fix it up as project. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix if not then it'll be getting stripped down 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.