jonathanck

Ace Barcrest MPU 3 Cash Attack

Hi

I wonder if anyone might have any advice on the problem with my machine. When I first switch it on it comes up with PC 78 on the display. When I switch off and on again it seems then be fine apart from a problem with the middle wheel alignment. The machine gets confused where on the reel it is. So for example a winning symbol does not generate a win, but another symbol say on the line below does. I have tried using the system check to realign the wheels. It will then work for a few spins and then the same problem returns. I noticed a small amount of battery leakage. Could this be the problem or is it the optical sensor?

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing that the machine is an Ace Cash Attack which has nothing to do with either Barcrest or MPU3?

Can you post some pictures as that can always help. We have a few lads here who are pretty good with this tech.

hi

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I have the name/terminology wrong - am very new to this Yes it is and ACE Cash Attack. Have added photos.

Many thanks

Fruitmachine1.jpg

Fruitmachine2.jpg

Fruitmachine3.jpg

Very nice - was this the machine that was on eBay a while back?

I'm not sure what the alarm codes are but I'll take a look and see if I can find anything out for you. :)

Hi

Thanks. Yes it’s a lovely machine. I dont if the error code is related to the reel being out of alignment or not. The error code doesn’t stop it working. It has not been on eBay, so must be another one out there.

thanks

78 pc would probably be a target percentage of 78%

The faulty reel could be dirt on the opto sensor preventing the light hitting the sensor try cleaning both sides of the sensor. Could be a bust sensor, bad connect to mpu of a board fault.

The ace system 1 mpu looks in quite good shape compared to others I've seen but snip that blue battery off quick smart before it leaks big time it won't be holding any charge as it's so old & past it.

Edited by Louie Bee

That's it's target payout %, 78. Optical sensor is bad, do they have a tell tale red LED on them ?

Mmm i  thought  the pc 78 message was due to no batt fitted as well as the % ?

Maybe target percentage is displayed if no game data is stored in ram. I.e. if no working battery.

You can take a picture of the dip switch settings than change them about (can't remember which are for percentage changes) to see if it changes to Pc72 or whatever.

Yes, the -PC78 is the set percentage and will be displayed when the RAM is cleared. A dead battery will cause this.
Replace the battery and it will only do it once more and then boot normally, assuming battery is charged!

The reel issue certainly sounds like a bad opto or missing tab(s). There should be two optos per reel.
One looks for the home position and the other counts the symbols... I think.