Andrew96_

Maygay EPOCH MPU repair

On 9/13/2018 at 10:37 PM, Homer_1209 said:

Hi Andrew, I’ll check the difference in timing on the rest LED from the v6 to the v8 tomorrow for you and let you know!!

I’m guessing you’d like my v8 boot chip then....

Believe it or not the first cpu board I picked up had the v8 chip in!! On checking the others I had v4, v5, v6 and the one v8!

Let me know!!

Sorry I thought I had answered but I haven't! yes I think the V8 is the latest! and yep I would be interested in a V8 chip to mess with, I do have a V6 I can let you have until I can crack the V8 so you would not be without one! cheers , many thanks!

I do have another epoch mpu board to do, but is it worth me spending the time to document it here? is anyone still interested now one has been done?

10 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

I do have another epoch mpu board to do, but is it worth me spending the time to document it here? is anyone still interested now one has been done?

I'd be interested. I always enjoy seeing other people's handy work, in the hope that it inspires me to do something similar!

I'd also be interested to see another repair thread, I find them fascinating, I just don't have the dexterity, patience or know how to even start repairing boards.

Which is a shame as I have been given another Fruit Machine (Full Moon Fever) which looks like it might have a dead Epoch board. The hit and miss nature of the spare boards I have seen makes getting a replacement a bit of a risk.

Pete