russdx

WANTED - Epoch MPU

46 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

Enough about a shitty machine, wot you been up to Mondeo wanker lol

You know what, still can not believe he got his mum to clean that seat ;)

you guys have good memory...

what have i been up 2? (quick version)

- blood stained mondeo is now a mercedes :D

- now have 2 young kids

- still work for fruitsim :)

Have decided to get back into fruites after a long loooooong time :) (also did not realise it was still being developed)

@wizard

How much do you know about the serial link? ie what protocal it is? exactly how fast it runs? Is it encrypted? Can you emulate it?

Could we emulate it in hardware using a micro/fpga or maybe even directly from raspberry pi gpio(if fast enough) Good enough to trick the other io boards into thinking they are receiving/sending data to a real board?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 2:28 PM, orchid said:

Yeah, lol.  I remember that machine he created.   Think he is a pretty clever kid, I know he went on to work in the industry, whether it is him or not I don't know.  That user name does sound familiar though.    LOL, the mondeo, the Stoat ???    

Cheers fella

J

Now look at what you made me do! :D

epoch tool.JPG

Russ Astley.JPG

russ stud.JPG

5 hours ago, russdx said:

you guys have good memory...

what have i been up 2? (quick version)

- blood stained mondeo is now a mercedes :D

- now have 2 young kids

- still work for fruitsim :)

Have decided to get back into fruites after a long loooooong time :) (also did not realise it was still being developed)

@wizard

How much do you know about the serial link? ie what protocal it is? exactly how fast it runs? Is it encrypted? Can you emulate it?

Could we emulate it in hardware using a micro/fpga or maybe even directly from raspberry pi gpio(if fast enough) Good enough to trick the other io boards into thinking they are receiving/sending data to a real board?

I guess this would enable real machines to be sited running, using mfme if people wanted to do it wouldn't it?

technically yes but im not sure how licences n stuff would work in a commercial environment. I was thinking more home use like how the emu is used now (not for profit etc..) but on real machines in your home.

Yes, that is what I mean. It would be a whole shitstorm with the GC.

If you are able to do it for home use, it would be sold or used in certain environments for money making....

Of that I am sure.

Little update, my board came back from onestopspares popped it in my machine and it booked straight up :) So they get a thumbs up from me!

So thats one option to get a working epoch :)

Also many epoch machines on ebay going dirt cheap :) so picked a few of those up as well :D

Regards

Russell 

On 9/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, stanmarsh14 said:

Old Rustybollocks? If so, may have to bring out some of the FME Hall Of Shame Pic's, including a certain Mondeo one I am thinking of right now ;)

Speaking of his creations, got a few sat on my drive here, including this one....

CB_001.jpg

Is that a psycho cash beast rip off?