russdx

WANTED - Epoch MPU

Any selling a working Epoch MPU? (ie for games like hurricane/homers melt down etc...)

Regards

Russell

Edited by russdx

some fella on ebay was selling brand spanking new ones (called repoch)  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RePOCH-MPU-Board-Fully-Compatible-With-Epoch-For-Global-Maygay-Etc/302854728856?hash=item46838c6c98:g:v20AAOSwY5ZbfG-d

your best of checking on there .

i also hope your problem is mpu based as you could be wasting more money on a epoch based machine 

good luck in your quest

95% sure its the board.

Wow that is crazy expensive! Cheaper to just buy a whole new machine for £50 a scrap the machine and keep the board :D

I have come across onestopspares.co.uk who charge £39 to replace your faulty board. So this is my current cheapest option :)

Did look cool in red pcb solder mask though i guess :) 

Regards

Russell

cheaper to scrap machine and not bother

i would 

1 minute ago, russdx said:

indeed cheaper but i want it working :)

Regards 

Russell

spend the money then , after all its a hobby

Good luck with Onestopspares.

Regards

Mavroz

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, russdx said:

As i said before you send an old board for repair! Not just buy one from his store.

brill! then they send it back with BER on it! like e-service do

Edited by Andrew96_

11 hours ago, russdx said:

As i said before you send an old board for repair! Not just buy one from his store.

Good luck with that also, hope all is as they/you state.

Hi mate- would be nice if this forum was happier. Standard old guard though!

When fixing or maintaining old fruitys it's best to break working machines and hoard parts yourself. That way you have a stash all tested and working... ready to go. 

I wouldn't buy an epoch or mpu off anyone second hand as.... why are they selling it?? Much better and cheaper to build up your own inventory....

9 minutes ago, MattyL said:

Hi mate- would be nice if this forum was happier. Standard old guard though!

how many smiley faces at the end of posts would you like to see? would 3 be enough?

☺️☺️☺️

What would I like? Bit more friendlynes and laughs especially to new members. 

Maybe a few more threads/areas for people who like 1995-2005 machines. I'd happily donate then. I love talking machines but this place is too much "old guard" for new people to stick around.

Not aimed at you or anyone in particular mate... you asked though lol

yes but tis is a old school forum really it seems, when people ask about barcrest mpu6 no one on here really knows as that's too new

as for new areas see the forum bossman, I personally would like to see a separate section for 'happy birthday' threads as to me it swamps the copper mine section, It has been better for that since the forum upgrade as there is no box down the right hand side anymore saying whos birthday it is today! so less threads! so a bonus untill that is reinstated!

Friendliness and laughs come along when members get to know each other and get involved in the site / hobby.

The Mecca is about older machines, not so much newer ones but there will always be a cross over as time passes as newer machines become older.

The issues start with people / members who come on here and instantly know better than people who have been involved with machine / board repairs for 20, 30 and possibly 40years +. The know all's and do all's. Many of the things they say, do and know everything about have been tried over and over again and failed miserably.

For example the case here of someone having a non working / battery damaged Epoch board repaired or replaced for £39....it just isn't going to happen whatsoever. I stand corrected if it does but it has been said and done many many times, leading to disappointment. When the company get the board they will just return it, as Andrew says, stating it is beyond economical repair.

This is standard procedure for repair companies suck as Lectronix, Maggi etc. If it needs a new cap or connector replacing for pennies and a couple of minutes work, they will happily do it I am sure but they will not spend hours on it or replace expensive components for the pricing stated.

As for the Mecca being a happy place, I feel it is most of the time and as for making it happier to get donations.... well what can I say. If people are willing to have a say and comment how they would want to see the place but can't donate a fiver or so to keep the place ticking over, until it is happier then imho you don't belong here, sorry.

Use the site, comment, get involved in threads, give opinion, then please feel free to support the Mecca to keep it running for many more years, if not, well is there anything else I need to add?

The Mecca is a goldmine for info, advice and resources about machine repairs / pcb repairs for those that wish to take it amd learn.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, russdx said:

what a happy forum this is lol!

Is this russdx from the earlier fme days 😂

If so, how’s it going fella? 

If I remember correctly russdx built a bespoke fruit machine and wrote the game software, think he designed the pcb as well as part of a college project.

J

4 hours ago, orchid said:

Is this russdx from the earlier fme days 😂

If so, how’s it going fella? 

If I remember correctly russdx built a bespoke fruit machine and wrote the game software, think he designed the pcb as well as part of a college project.

J

Old Rustybollocks? If so, may have to bring out some of the FME Hall Of Shame Pic's, including a certain Mondeo one I am thinking of right now ;)

Speaking of his creations, got a few sat on my drive here, including this one....

CB_001.jpg

Edited by stanmarsh14

Yeah, lol.  I remember that machine he created.   Think he is a pretty clever kid, I know he went on to work in the industry, whether it is him or not I don't know.  That user name does sound familiar though.    LOL, the mondeo, the Stoat ???    

Cheers fella

J

On 9/5/2018 at 11:10 AM, russdx said:

I have come across onestopspares.co.uk who charge £39 to replace your faulty board. 

You can't possibly take ANYONE serious who offers to replace a faulty board for £39.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superbank said:

You can't possibly take ANYONE serious who offers to replace a faulty board for £39.

I agree! The one I have just fixed was not bad at all as epoch goes, but took me loads of time, no way would any company fix that one for £39!

£39 is most likely for fitting a new battery on a working board!!

Edited by Andrew96_