Hello - rank newbie here, but I was registered a few years ago under simon.reed@tesco.net before that closed.

I am here for 'old fruity projects' and I have restored a couple of German Rotamints - I still have a Delux from the early 60's running 3d.

Also i have a bellfruit Linx which is working, a very broken Dels Millions with a scorpion 4 board and having just repaired and sold a Barcrest Smash Martians I am now repairing a Barcrest invaders machine.  Happy to help anyone with the above.   I am also treasurer of the Fairground Heritage Trust - come and see our vintage arcade: www.fairground-heritage.org.uk

I am utterly bemused by Coin Mechs - just saying

A couple of photos of the Linx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/T0iagrHEs38JfrzTD8r2x03148UCgG6WRPQUP3UCAna

Edited by SimonReed
Changed link to a public one. Told you I am newbie

Pics seem to be associated to an amazon Prime account so I can't see them, download them and up them here instead :) 

Ah yes - sorry that I put up a private link. New link is open to all.

And yes it is a Scorp 2 Issue 4.  While I am on the subject of that - has anyone got a schematic for a Scorpion2 as although I have some battery acid burns on the board, all the tracks are now bridged or ok - but the new battery will not recharge

S

plenty of manuals and helpful documents in the sites download section 

12 hours ago, riche100 said:

plenty of manuals and helpful documents in the sites download section 

Yes but dont you need to pay for that.This seems when most are off like a bunny after lettuce.Newbies,its pay and didplay.not get a freebee and bog off

• Like 2

Thought this is an introduction...

NOT I WANT I WANT....HELP 

OR SOMETHING FOR FREE...

Edited by Joe1
  • Haha 1

What a surprize,mention money and they are gone.scrounger

• Haha 1

Thank you @riche100 that's helpful.  

To  @warlord @Joe1 I cannot believe the amount of bile that this thread has released from you. I thought this community was for mutual assistance, which is why I described the machines I had if others need help.  I am very happy to support i.e. pay for materials is that is appropriate and may do so.  Can I ask at what point did you think that labelling me 'scrounger' and shouting 'I WANT' was in anyway an appropriate reaction to a very polite request for information?

Yep probably a bit harsh, we all have to start somewhere.

I know I did 🙄

• Thanks 1

apologies then dude,its just many do just that.But the thread you posted in was to introduce yourself .Then ask in the correct place.

• Thanks 2

Thought this is an introduction...

NOT I WANT I WANT....HELP 

OR SOMETHING FOR FREE...

1 hour ago, SimonReed said:

Introduction ....=Name 

HELP....= Help section 

(Not i want) please take the time too read

Your post... back too yourself 

Excellent - well that went well.

For those of you who read this far....hi again from Simon in South Oxon       

• Like 1

Guest Dudeyblue
On 9/2/2018 at 2:34 PM, SimonReed said:

Hello - rank newbie here, but I was registered a few years ago under simon.reed@tesco.net before that closed.

I am here for 'old fruity projects' and I have restored a couple of German Rotamints - I still have a Delux from the early 60's running 3d.

Also i have a bellfruit Linx which is working, a very broken Dels Millions with a scorpion 4 board and having just repaired and sold a Barcrest Smash Martians I am now repairing a Barcrest invaders machine.  Happy to help anyone with the above.   I am also treasurer of the Fairground Heritage Trust - come and see our vintage arcade: www.fairground-heritage.org.uk

I am utterly bemused by Coin Mechs - just saying

A couple of photos of the Linx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/T0iagrHEs38JfrzTD8r2x03148UCgG6WRPQUP3UCAna

I wonder if you can help me I have the smash Martians machine and everything seems fine but the LED for cash fund and shots don’t seem to be working! Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance 

Hi. Don't explicitly remember these. Are these blue/red things mounted behind the vertical glass? I had one go and could' get a spare

s

Thank you for the response I have tried to take a picture that you can see which I mean.

18469BDC-73AB-4597-82E0-7A3F40F9D483.jpeg

21F27B44-CA8A-4069-98AF-6D207778AE9D.jpeg

Ah, sorry - I misunderstood.  

If the machine is starting ok without error codes, then it has to be something physical I'd have thought.  Have you a copy of the MPU5 field manual? IF so take the machine into Test 5 and see what happens.  According to the manual the dispays are controlled from the MPU5 board and the leads to the seven segment displays is the yellow block. Hope that helps 

image.png

Try getting a known working display.Very rare they just pack up,they normally fade first.If a known working display fails then suspect the mpu itself.Both quite cheap on ebay i would think

• Thanks 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.