alex74

Jpm Silver Ghost

Posted (edited)

We never thought we would see this beauty from Jpm emulated but here we go. One of the nicest feelings when roms to a classic machine we never thought would be emulated turn up. Thank you so much Riche 100 who achieved mission impossible by discovering a Silver Ghost and then kindly provided the roms. Very grateful to you. Thanks to Wizard for sorting all the 7segs, meters and some coin input tweaks on the Silverreels classic I did, which was used as a base for this release.

Wonderful machine by jpm. I very much remember branches of Nobles having rows of 4 or 5 of these and them all being played. Attractive glass design with the need for few bulbs, great gameplay, and good sounds going up a pitch fore each win obtained up the scale. So simple but so clever. I always thought these were an original base machine but they were in fact a rebuild on Supa Steppas and Bar 7.  That feeling when two bars come on the first twp reels and that third one comes. Sometimes you could get a right run of 50p wins on. I remember as a kid when down to my last 20p or something, normally played 2p ers but I would put last bit into a Silver Ghost praying for a win then if I got 50p or more! would go back to Win A Gain or something similar and play for ages. This does like to drop 3 x 7's in from time to time aswell. Whoever wrote this game should be extremely proud of themselves. A simple machine, very entertaining, decent wins for player, and decent profits for the operator.

Hope you enjoy   Alex

Silver Ghost (sys 80).rar

post-392-0-14990100-1528795171_thumb.jpg

Edited by alex74
  • Like 5

Excellent stuff Alex. Thanks for the layout mate.

• Like 1

Alex you legend ! fantastic mate, the ultimate tokens to cash machine lives again :D :D thank you :D

• Like 1

Fantastic.

Many thanks to all involved with a cracking release.

Jay

• Like 1

Thanks Alex. I'll look forward to downloading this when I get back from holiday.

Thanks a lot Alex I'll give this a blast now! :) :)

Wonderful memories of an all jackpot machine. Which was a bit lost on me at the time, I thought all wins were a jackpot. Anyway, it was the Bar X of the day (until Bar X did debut as £3 machine), and the competition was fierce. My gran preferred Bar X, for tokens, and Silve ghost for the cash.

Does anyone have a full list of the Ghost series: Silver, Golden, Steppa??etc. I think the last JPM release was the £4 jackpot, with the 7’s Meter.

Off to download, for my grans sake.

Statto

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

oh my.... happy days with this one... ive shoved a couple of hundred "virtual" quid through this...plays exactly as i remember it, loves to drop the 7`s and isnt stingy on lower wins either,Statto,i think that Golden Ghost is the only one we are missing now,it was a clone of Golden Steppa,but without the bonus reel.

just to throw another one into the pot, JPM also did another very similar machine ( almost identical sound samples) called Golden Bars.... anyone remember it ??

Edited by cashbox2

Thanks for this one! :)

I last played one of these in the Wight City arcade in Sandown, around the late 80's. The diggers are flattening it as I type this... :(

Thankyou for this, I read above that Richie provided the ROMs does he or did he have the actual machine as hi res photos for a full colour dx would be great if not by me but by the masters of emulation of these machine either Pook or ploggy etc??