stevedude2

Step 'n' Skip [BWB]

Here it is folks, I hope you like it :)

(Sorry it took so long)

If there's any issues post them on this thread and I'll sort them out in the next few days.  Once any mistakes are fixed I'll upload it to the other sites mentioned in the notes.

Play in MFME v6.1 or higher.  Works best on a nice big monitor ;)

Many thanks to -

SteveP for his help with the starter layout and whatnot

Road Runner for the ROMs

Wizard for his continued hard work on MFME.  These days are truly something to behold and I cannot thank him enough :)

Cheers,

Steve

post-132-0-56679700-1527877714_thumb.png

Step & Skip 1.0.zip

Edited by stevedude2
  • Like 6

Thanks for this. Sorry for being dumb but i don't have 6.1 and have no idea how to get it. I went over to Desert island fruits but it wasn't clear :(

Ooooowwa!  Thank you.  I played this many a time in a 'Reels' arcade in Uxbridge, Middlesex.  They always seemed to have made a point of having a couple of very playable 2p machines in there at any one time.  Another one I remember was a 2p Tumble.  This is a brilliant machine and one I've been looking forward to being able to play for a long time.

I don't know if Wizard still visits this place or not but you may want to ask him to have a look at the layout as he would know the cause of any issues where as I don't.  I have noticed that the reels spin slowly and the sounds struggle when all three reels are spinning.  I've also noticed that reels one and two drag where as reel 3 will not drag.

Another odd thing which I discovered by accident when I was hitting several keys to find which one stopped the feature, and found that upon pressing the gamble button, the features go into a skill stop mode every time.  It doesn't always mean you can get a decent win but I have clocked up around 4 jackpots on the step and skip feaure.  I'm sure it didn't do this on the real machine unless it was just I never thought to try it.  Perhaps it is a layout or emulator issue or maybe an early chip with an emptier?

Nether the less, the issues does not really detract from the game and it is a great pleasure to play this again.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Ooooowwa!  Thank you.  I played this many a time in a 'Reels' arcade in Uxbridge, Middlesex.  They always seemed to have made a point of having a couple of very playable 2p machines in there at any one time.  Another one I remember was a 2p Tumble.  This is a brilliant machine and one I've been looking forward to being able to play for a long time.

I don't know if Wizard still visits this place or not but you may want to ask him to have a look at the layout as he would know the cause of any issues where as I don't.  I have noticed that the reels spin slowly and the sounds struggle when all three reels are spinning.  I've also noticed that reels one and two drag where as reel 3 will not drag.

Another odd thing which I discovered by accident when I was hitting several keys to find which one stopped the feature, and found that upon pressing the gamble button, the features go into a skill stop mode every time.  It doesn't always mean you can get a decent win but I have clocked up around 4 jackpots on the step and skip feaure.  I'm sure it didn't do this on the real machine unless it was just I never thought to try it.  Perhaps it is a layout or emulator issue or maybe an early chip with an emptier?

Nether the less, the issues does not really detract from the game and it is a great pleasure to play this again.

Many thanks

Yeah the reels do drag a bit when I am playing on my laptop or on a small screen unfortunately, probably due to the graphics being resized.  If you play it on a larger monitor in full resolution, it runs fine.  Also, if you put the game in edit mode you can see the real size of the layout albeit in a small window, and it runs nice and smoothly.

That cancel button feature slow-down comment - I also noticed this as I did the layout and wondered if I had the door switches configured correctly, but all the money gets metered properly.  Must have been a quirk on the original game or on those particular ROMs.

Thanks for your comments :)

Absolutely brilliant. This has made my weekend. A fantastic 2p play machine that was seen in many coastal arcades back in the day. Your Classics are out of this world Steve. Many many thanks

Awesome classic, thank you so much for this! :D

WOW! Step n Skip - can't believe I missed this release!

Thanks ever so much for this Steve, I've wanted to play this for soooooooo long.

Boxing day heaven - Football, horse racing, whisky and Step n Skip. :) :) :)