Great machine reel to reel is .Thanks for posting chris

• Like 1

When you look at some of the later MPU4 stuff from the mid nineties, it's hard to think machines like Reel 2 Reel are based on the same tech.

It's like the people in Barcrest were cautious and thought ok we have MPU4 technology, but we don't really know what it can do, so let's tread carefully and produce something that looks and sounds like MPU3.

A bit like when a new console comes out and early games, don't really show what the technology can really do. 

Tend to agree .barcrest did seem reluctant to progress too quickly .j thought their most stagnant period was between 1987-89 as in my opinion the machines were all from the same mold like action bank /flash cash /tic yak cash stc and were a little more basic in looks and fruit symbols along with less sounds which were more standardised .the 90 s produced the Yamaha sounds followed by sampled sound carts and a new look not that I liked them much especially at 20p play (wouldn't mind an original luxor).my fav mpu4s are the 84-86 era .

• Like 2

Yes, although machines like Cash Connect, Nudge Quest, Take Two, Super Two, Top Stop, Double Up were excellent machine and really kicked off my addictive phase.

I wasn't that keen on Action Bank/Flash Cash etc....

Andy Capp, Luxor, Road Hog, Adders and Ladders etc, really upped the game and to a layman like me, I thought they were using different completely different technology.

Oh and I assume you meant 94-96 lol 😇

Luxor,Road Hog and Adders were from

the early 90s I think rather than 80s.

Hoping to bag a BWB Adders and Ladders.

The one in a cloud 999 cabinet.

Used to have an Andy Capp and an Andy's

Great Escape. Both on 5p/£6 so a bit flat on play.

16 hours ago, wearecity said:

Yes, although machines like Cash Connect, Nudge Quest, Take Two, Super Two, Top Stop, Double Up were excellent machine and really kicked off my addictive phase.

I wasn't that keen on Action Bank/Flash Cash etc....

Andy Capp, Luxor, Road Hog, Adders and Ladders etc, really upped the game and to a layman like me, I thought they were using different completely different technology.

Oh and I assume you meant 94-96 lol 😇

Yeah they came a bit later didn't they !

A fine selection of some of my favourites Chris 😀

hopefully one day my collection will be as good as yours!

• Like 1

You must of spent a fortune on all your machines ive seen a video of your games room on YouTube !! Considering theres a mpu3 machine on ebay right now for 5 grand you must be rich lol and the amount of money you have in all of them must come to about 5 grand alone lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eastenders said:

You must of spent a fortune on all your machines ive seen a video of your games room on YouTube !! Considering theres a mpu3 machine on ebay right now for 5 grand you must be rich lol and the amount of money you have in all of them must come to about 5 grand alone lol

Some people over exaggerate prices on eBay mate.

I try not to go there tbh.

Yes,I have spent quite a bit on some of mine.

And yes,I have done a bit of work and had a lot

of help with keeping them going too.

I always fancied a collection of machines that I used to 

enjoy playing,and I also enjoy sharing via YouTube and to

those who know me personally and care to visit who can play

for FREE by arrangement.

Quite a few do the same for me,and that is what this is all about.

One happy community of old fruity fanatics he he he😆😆😆

• Like 2