Sign in to follow this  
orchid

PROJECT COIN - 777 HEAVEN - 4K

Very early WIP.    No estimate for release, but am going to give this iconic machine a 4K makeover.   Massive thanks to Jonno for some superb images and he also supplied sounds for this type of Project Coin cabinet so these will be included within the layout when released.

J

post-44-0-89087300-1516390832_thumb.png

Edited by orchid
  • Like 2

Looks great J, really looking forward to this.

Fantastic attention to detail, even got the refill keys in. :)

The first machine the introduced me to the iconic project range,Many memories of trying to get that pocket full tokens steak!!

Artwork is stunning as ever! Thanks to jonno for the resources without such people these layouts would not be possible.  

Edited by evo1
  • Like 1

lokk forward to it, and yes evo1 jonno has given me some great images for past layouts my avatar being one

I'm getting buried in that cab :) 

Still running sweet 4 years after Louie fixed the board.  I'm running this on V170 rom which has the elusive 10p trick :) 

They are very striking.   Back in the day, you could pretty much tell what was in an arcade by those cabs.   

J

I have sent some newer better focused photos over to be used.  I think they'll help improve this release :) 

• Like 2

Yes, cheers Jonno. I worked on it pretty much all day today, got pretty far. Hopefully send you it for some testing in the next couple of days. Cheers again mate.

J

• Like 1

Been doing some more work on this over the weekend.   Won't get any more time till Wednesday now.  

Ignore the reel work.

Will be getting the sounds that Jonno sampled, sorted out in the next couple of days.

J

post-44-0-03412200-1516630106_thumb.png

• Like 1

All down to the excellent resources you supplied mate. Such an iconic machine. To be able to recreate this and have software that emulates it is pretty mind blowing. Not too mention mfme v6 toolset.

Can't wait to get those bespoke sounds in.

Will try and get a test version to you Wednesday evening.

J

I never realised there was a light above the cash tray, unless I saw the pics wrongly. I have implemented that. Do you know of it's a Flo tube?. Or bulb?

Does it come on when the machine boots? I wonder if it's part of the lamp matrix. Is it permantently lit or does it flash when paying out or anything?

J

It's 6 bulbs and it only ignites when credit is active. It switches off when the machine is in attract. 

Hey Jonno.

I know it might be a nightmare but I found 11 lamps that go in a clockwise motion, could these be the lamps that light up the belly glass dots around the logo?

Do the other dot pattern areas light up independently.  If so.   What direction and how many lamps.   Sorry for being a pain.   Want to get this as close to correct as possible.

J

post-44-0-58748100-1516653629_thumb.png

PS Looks like that tray lamp isn't part of the lamp matrix unfortunately.   I wonder if there is a manual for this machine hanging about.

J

The belly glass does indeed have 11 lamps (videos included) See youtube links for this

The belly glass in test shows hex numbers 

001A

002A

006B 

(can't see the other remaining ones)

payout tray lamps are the following hex numbers

003D

004D

005D

006D

007D

Edited by Jonno
  • Like 1

Cheers fella.   Got those tray lamps and the clockwise dot lamps isolated now.

Hope to get every lamp assigned correctly.  Looking at some of the existing layouts, a lot of the lamps are either not used or are incorrectly assigned.   Even though it is a basic machine, the lamps on these layouts always look chaotic, this has been a massive help!!

J

• Like 1

If you get really stuck on something shout at me haha 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this