Wizard

MFME v6.0 Release Thread

First of all let me wish every Mecca member a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Here is the next release of MFME, I have named it v6.0 due to the number of changes/fixes it contains.

To install just unpack the contents of either the win7/10 or XP rar file to a home folder, something like c:\MFMEv6.0 etc

This version relies on having the DefaultSounds and DefaultMasks in the same folder as MFME itself rather than the game folder like the previous versions.

There is a changelist included which I think covers all the important stuff, there may be additional changes that I forgot to include.

In this release when you load a game, it will always open the notes file ( if it's not empty ) and also an optional bmp image, just press space to dismiss them.

I have included an option to "Publish layout" which will lock the Caption and Notes in the .fml file and prevent any further editing, so be sure to save a copy for yourself before commiting.

Also bare in mind this release will *not* load .dat files, so use v5.1 to save any layouts still in the old .dat format to the .fml format.

If you are installing MFME for the first time, please make sure to also install the DirectX runtime (June 2010) from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Enjoy

MFMEv6.0-Win7.rar

MFMEv6.0-XP.rar

• Like 15

Thank you!! for all your hard work over the year to bring us this update and taking mfme to the next level.

Merry Christmas!!!!

• Like 1

OMG....   Concept Electrocoin games added..    :)

Overlapping lamps, you are spoiling us here :)

J

Edited by orchid

Just a quick post for now, to say thanks very much

Just had a quick load up to see if my Game Manager is still intact lol. Everything looking good.

Loving the multiplayer low stakes machines, being able to be linked and then from then on, being openable by just opening the top box. Will definitely play them a lot more now.

Looking forwards to getting those pesky non payers in v5.1 paying out. 

So tired to play around anymore, but just wanted to say again thanks very much.

Yeah unfortunately a lot of editing will be needed to get the games up to date ( regarding sounds/effects etc), but it will only need to be done the once.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

Yeah unfortunately a lot of editing will be needed to get the games up to date ( regarding sounds/effects etc), but it will only need to be done the once.

It'll be well worth it though, going to really improve the immersiveness of playing the machine.

It'll be well worth it though, going to really improve the immersiveness of playing the machine.

Just thing, it's been 1 year - you've just completed your 2000 layouts and time to do it all again ! :)

A couple of quick tips:

To get Genesis style hopper sounds on MPU5 change the Cabinet Style to Genesis, save the layout and restart it, then it will use the wav files from the  DefaultSounds\MPU5\Genesis folder for the hopper ( or whatever else is in there ) rather than the ones in the DefaultSounds folder.

To get coin input sound on machines that have a button number for the coin input rather than a Coin/Note entry in the drop down list, set the Coin/Note to S10/Electronic

Also make sure all Effects are checked at the bottom of the prefs window and that the layout Config has the effect checkboxes set

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

Thanks and all the best to you. Im away working until new years day so can't have a look till then, thanks foe your continued work on the amazing mfme.

Thanks wizard for this you have done is proud again santa has delivered our ultimate pressy early again lol,

not looked or even downloaded yet but the two layouts I have to amend I ask what coin inputs will I need??

They are-

Cash explosion 2p coin input

And blue chip "classic" the 20p token input

And may of mentioned via another topic but do scorp5

Community games run as multiplayer games now as I could modify monopoly street party community to get the other two to five machines running

And on the subject of multi players do electrocoin super reels(oxo club) run in this mfme?

There is a release notes txt file. Doesn't mention linked s5, could always try.

Those two machine you mention are Sys1 and Scorp1 I believe.

J