13 replies to this topic

#1 ploggy

ploggy

Old Fruity Maestro

• Designers/Contributors
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationPort Talbot

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:00 pm

Another SRU done.  This time it's Each Way Shuffle Deluxe's turn.  Basically the £3 version of Each Way Shuffle; which was done by CTL, instead of JPM.  Set to £3/10p/78%.

Strange quirk with this one though compared to the Super Each Way Shuffle I did previously.  The 8 nudges lamp comes on after you've shuffled the reels on this, and I don't know why.  I'm pretty sure it's a rom/game problem, and not an emulator issue, as it doesn't do it on Super Each Way Shuffle.  Doesn't affect the gameplay at all.  Just weird that it happens, that's all. :)

Huge thanks goes out to the following people:

Decaff:  For reel images.
instance automatics: For the picture that was used.
Wizard:  For MFME, and SRU emulation. :)

Shortcuts are as follows:

Cancel/Gamble - ` or G
Nudge Up - N or U
Hold/Nudge 1 - 1
Hold/Nudge 2 - 2
Hold/Nudge 3 - 3
Start/Collect - Space or C
Shuffle - S
Feature Stop - F
10p Cash Insert - 0
10p Token Insert - 9
50p Cash Insert - 8

Enjoy!

EDITED TO ADD:  The 8 lamp issue has now been fixed!  Courtesy of Wizard. :)

Attached Files

Edited by ploggy, 08 December 2017 - 08:33 pm.

• riche100 and AK45 like this

#2 richardpen

richardpen

Rat Race Expert

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:29 am

Ooh, thank you :)

Be interesting to see how this differs from the £2 version.  Did JPM do any £3 versions?  I'm sure I did play a couple of £3ers but the ones I saw retained the JPM symbols.

Interesting about the nudge light remaining on after shuffle, does it do it every time?  I remember there was a rom issue with a couple of the £2 versions I played.  It was extremely rare, happened to me on one machine and saw the same thing happen to someone else playing a different one.  After shuffling on a nudge shuffle, the reels stop spinning and the machine freezes, the nudge lamps for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 10 nudges remained permanently on all at the same time.  The only thing that could be done was for the machine to be re booted and them would carry on as if nothing had happened and the issue did not re occur the next time you shuffled.  I haven't seen it on the emulated issue yet, although I guess the rom version may be different so may not exist in the emulated version.

Looking forward to playing this one.

Richard.

#3 ploggy

ploggy

Old Fruity Maestro

• Designers/Contributors
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationPort Talbot

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:48 am

I think it's down to which rom is being used, mate.  Never had the issue on the Super version, but it lights up the 8 nudge lamp every single time on the Deluxe version when you get a shuffle, and stays lit until you press start. 

I don't think JPM did any of their old nudge-based machines on £3.  I think they were all done by other 3rd party manufacturers like Associated Leisure, CTL etc.

#4 superbank

superbank

Collector of old shite...

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 5,359 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:36 pm

As with all your work, this looks fantastic!

Thanks for this mate, much appreciated. :)

#5 Jonno

Jonno

Procon slut

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 5,391 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:18 pm

Thank you 

#6 ploggy

ploggy

Old Fruity Maestro

• Designers/Contributors
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationPort Talbot

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:31 pm

Wizard has come to the rescue with a fixed rom which fixes the 8 nudge lamp issue.  Either change the rom that came with the layout originally, with this one, or just re-download the layout again. :)

Attached Files

#7 stonyat421

stonyat421

Old Fruity Maestro

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 2,187 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:19 pm

cheers

#8 Tommy.c

Tommy.c

Motorcross Junkie

• Mecca Supporters 2017
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationAtherton,Manchester

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:32 am

Big thanks for this ploggy,mint layout aa per.
Posted Imagehttp://dadsfme.co.uk/index.php putting the E back in FME Posted Image

Also try....... Posted ImageMrP's Classic amusements forum Posted Image

#9 Statto

Statto

Anything you never wanted to know

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 2,682 posts
  • LocationBellefontaine Ohio

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:24 pm

A nice touch on this machine, was the gamble feature, that teased a £1.50 all cash jackpot..steady missus. Have to admit, I only saw this once, and that was at a remote hotel, on the way to Pwhelli back in the 80’s, and not a penny to my name to play.

I preferred the £1.50 all cash 5p play blue, at the time. However, a fellow scouser has been posting vids of his CTL, which has been dropped back to a £2 jackpot.

I shall eventually see, what I was missing on. Thanks for the release.

Statto
Keeping it reel

#10 Keptboy

Keptboy

KeptBoy

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:35 pm

@statto the one you are referring to in my opinion was better on £3 as I had never seen a £3 version
The only machine I want to own is a MAYGAY RIO GAMBLER

#11 ploggy

ploggy

Old Fruity Maestro

• Designers/Contributors
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationPort Talbot

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:12 pm

The rom used on the £3 version can be switched to £1.50/5p if you want to.  Just go into edit mode, and un-check the '5/10p SWITCH'.  It's on the far-right of the layout, so you'll need to resize the background to see it.  Make sure to do a ram clear after as well, if you want to keep it like that.

EDITED TO ADD:  Hang on.  It looks like it only changes the price of play.  The jackpot stays on £3 token by the looks of things, so you would need the £1.50 set of roms.  I'll have a look and see if they're available.

Attached Files

Edited by ploggy, 09 December 2017 - 09:59 pm.

#12 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Pro Pervert

• Mecca Supporters 2018
  • 6,909 posts
  • LocationGeddy Lee's Henhouse

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:02 pm

I'm still in contact with one of the CTL guys in Leicester, who did the conversions.

<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5yCZw2phA'><span><span><span><span><span>Killing the scene since 2009</span></span></span></span></span></a>

#13 Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

80's Arcade Lover

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:49 pm

Thanks, looks great!

#14 AK45

AK45

Super Nudge Gambler Expert

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:02 am

thanks for the release it looks amazing !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users