Pook

SUPER NUDGE GAMBLER DX

Easily the oldest machine I have released so far, absolute classic machine from Bellfruit. Thanks to Wizard for the classic, Ploggy for additional artwork, Danno for tech help and all 3 for testing.

supernudgegamblerdx.jpg

• Like 5

Also thanks to whoever supplied this photo, after a search of all forums I couldn't identify who supplied it, so if it was you then thanks. :)

post-19-0-10402500-1506872903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pook

If I'm not mistaken then it looks like it was a photo from part of Fruitsim's once-great collection.

This looks great Dave, thanks a lot. Off to give this a good hammering. :)

Wow, what a great release, thanks to everyone involved.

One of the most memorable fruit machines ever, really comes alive in DX form in MFME. I would have been under teenage age, possibly even under 10, when I would have been given 10p of my parents money and pressed those big buttons.

Along with Ten Up, this is one of the electromechanical machines, I was looking really looking forward to seeing. I'm not saying, I'm going to be spending hours and hours playing it, but just to have it open and look at it and put in the odd 10p is fantastic.

When FME started, the earliest emulated machines, weren't that old really, so we had a classic age, but this is pre classic now and it's amazing you can switch from a 2013 fruit machine to a 1970's machine, or indeed have them open side by side.

One of the most exciting releases, nostalgic and historic wise for FME.

• Like 2

Nice to see it out there Dave, looks amazing, did you leave it as is or with the upped chances of nudges?

Fantastic, old style - I like the way that there was no win in your video clip.

I think that sums it all up, but I still love-em!

Nice to see it out there Dave, looks amazing, did you leave it as is or with the upped chances of nudges?

I hope not, feel free to modify your own copy but it should be released as accurate to the original as possible.

Thank you, fantastic DX.

One question, how do you cancel holds on these or can't you?

Wow I only just managed to fire it up, the noises are amazing :D 

Thank you, fantastic DX.

One question, how do you cancel holds on these or can't you?

You cant' cancel holds

Brilliant, thank you Pook.  Your site certainly covers the extremities of FME - SNG Electro, I think the oldest released emulated machine to date, Nifty Fifty, a classic MPU4 and Random Winner/Spinner, no idea in terms of how modern they are but pretty modern.  Dxcellent work!

First played this machine when our local chip shop reopened and I was I think 9 years old so that would make it 1976.  They kept the machine until about a year after the jackpot limit was put up to £2 tokens, instead of changing the machine, they converted it to £1 all cash jackpot.  When they did change the machine, in came the JPM SRU Each Way Nidger.  It was very tight and obviously not popular, it lasted two months before being replaced by an Each Way Shuffle.  That lasted until the local authority banned fruit machines from being in takeaways, about 25 years ahead of the rest of the country.  These must have been incredibly popular in their day, where I lived, anyone who had a SNG kept it for years, one chip shop even replaced theirs with another SNG, the one with the yellow glass.  All other places who did not have them, would have their machines changed every 6 months to a year. 

This machine started my addiction to fruit machines which I didn't kick until I was 25.

Thanks once again for the layout.

Fantastic, old style - I like the way that there was no win in your video clip.

I think that sums it all up, but I still love-em!

Ummm, take another look, if I am not mistaken, there is a 10p win (two grapes) at 1:14!  Not much I know but slightly better than nothing.  Knowing your reels was extremely important on these machines, it would save a lot of time and effort to know when you have 9 nudges that in many cases as a result of the reel positions your max win is 20p.  In the case of the nudge feature in the clip, if 3 nudges were not bad enough, usually Bell Fruits on or around the payline on reels 1 and 3 would be good but that bell on the payline on reel 2 means the Bell Fruit is 9 steps away so in thiss configuration, he needed 10 nudges for the jackpot :(

Oh my days - you know when you've been Pooked!  I only discovered Wizard's Classic Layout of this in the last week or so, and now this...

I was lucky enough to get 3 Bell-Fruits straight in within my first quid, and then shortly after 3 more right above the win-line which held, offered me zero nudges which I gambled for 4 and nudged those babies down for another Jackpot.  It doesn't get much better than that for me with the correct sounds and symbols and now Pook's incredible DX.  How do you do it?  Thank you so much guys for shaving close to 40 years off with such brilliance!

One last memory:- did anyone have the misfortune of playing this in the wild, usually presented by mobile operators (I'm not accusing anyone) and at least one Bell-Fruit symbol would miraculously 'slip' down under the win-line when either dropping in or being nudged?  I was told by a reliable source (in fact the guy who says he developed 'Win Fall' - see pic) that a special device was often used to 'plug' the appropriate slot in the reel where the brake landed so that it would 'slip' forcing the reel to advance by one more symbol, preventing the jackpot and therefore increasing profits...very sneaky.  Of course this was a totally illegal practice but much more common than you might think.  It happened to me on many occasions (always mechanical or electro-mechanical machines as it was so easy) and very difficult to prove as a punter - especially when you are a kid, grrr!!!

post-32-0-06732200-1506974215_thumb.jpg

Edited by TuppennyTopper

Delicious !!  A sublime layout that really captures the heart and soul of the machine that got many of us hooked and still gets people hooked to this day!!

Electro- mechanical machines really were works of genius back in the day and its fantastic to see them immortalized in DX form.

Love to see ONE and ALL by JPM receive the same treatment at some point.