Sign in to follow this  
orchid

BARCREST + BIG SHOT - WIP

Going through some older artwork, found this that I had started dabbling with.   Will start working on it again and get it released at some point.

J

post-44-0-27924800-1505345496_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Never really played this one until I bought one. Fantastic machine with some great gameplay!

Look forward to seeing it.

I only ever played the BWB rebuild 2p £2.40 cash jackpot, which was a fantastic little machine.   This version is very playable.

J

Unfortunately I won't be finishing work on this layout as the artwork isn't really good enough for a large scale DX.  

J

Looks fine smaller res but at its native resolution but it's pretty grainy.

I might release the artwork I've put together, someone might create a smaller layout.

Thanks to whoever uploaded the original pics, possibly Superbank? and thanks to Pook who sent me a flyer for the cabinet.

J

Why don't you finish it off orchid just make a small version as in oldie 1600 dx instead of your mega dx.

It's only right You should finish what you started, an new dx is better than nowt pre mfme5 even my mini dxs were getting good reviews

Edited by vectra666

I've sacked a few off recently to be fair. I'm going to be releasing a new one pretty soon though

J

• Like 2

...also I didn't realise but there was already a DX of this available, not sure on the quality but looking over at fruit-emu it looks decent.

J

Looks fine smaller res but at its native resolution but it's pretty grainy.

I might release the artwork I've put together, someone might create a smaller layout.

Thanks to whoever uploaded the original pics, possibly Superbank? and thanks to Pook who sent me a flyer for the cabinet.

J

Not sure I've uploaded any photo's of this J - I may have done?

I'll take a look and see if I've got any. I usually take them at high res so they should be fine for a DX.

I'll get back to you.... :)

Looks great. Superb it will be. Makes me imagine the dark way arcades were back then.

I'm currently quite far on with Lucky Lady, massive thanks to Steve for some decent hi res images which the DX is based on.  Ignore the flo lamp effect in the wip, am currently working on those bits.

Edited by orchid

Looking forward to having a play on luckylady only played on this briefly in the wild,and mean the odd pound,nice bit of old skool coming though here

looks good i love the way you make em dark and moody i mean as i've said before the lamping you do takes me back to my early gambling days where you'd get a machine in a dark corner of a pub/club arcade and can imagine the fag smoke wafting over now and again 

• Like 1

Just want to get the flo tube reel effect right, this machine doesn't have reel lamps so it's a nice challenge that keeps me interested.

looks good i love the way you make em dark and moody i mean as i've said before the lamping you do takes me back to my early gambling days where you'd get a machine in a dark corner of a pub/club arcade and can imagine the fag smoke wafting over now and again 

I create the 'flat' base lamp layer in photoshop then create a more dreamy lamp effect in a separate layer then add extra effect layers till I'm happy with it.

J

post-44-0-49799700-1507939151_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-26783800-1507939617_thumb.jpg

Edited by orchid

Sign in to follow this