Sign in to follow this  
stuart

Golden Oldies - BFM Sys83 and Maygay MMM

Hi all,

I'm back after a long, long absence.  Good to see so many familiar names still around, and amazing to see a new version of MFME  :)

As I've mentioned in a couple of other threads, I've got the resources here to do BFM's system 83 machines 'Club Monte Carlo' and 'Temptation' (90% sure I have the right ROMs for that one).

I've also got ROMs and images for a proper Maygay MMM classic called 'Bust Out' which, along with Temptation, was an all time favourite of mine.

I've had the BFM ROMs running, but it's a long time since I did a DX and I'm struggling to remember how to kick it off. I used to have a tutorial on this for MFME 2 - is the process still similar, and is that tutorial still around anywhere?

Thanks

Stuart

• Like 3

Right i think this is how it works without looking lol?

You open mfme 5.1

Tick b door and edit (red bar)

Select load layout in this case cops n robber's

It should show said layout but it shouldn't intialize

Next goto "rom loader"

Another box will open, this is where you load the ROMs you need into it, so programme ROMs in the top box followed by sound ROMs 2nd down

Then at the bottom left i think there's a tab click on that and it shows various techs, you'll need to select system83

Then click start, if you've done it correctly things should move lol you may need to alter various settings in the standard configuration box if successful remember to save the FML.file and gam.file

I think that's right again this is just a basic guide on my crappy memory of how to do it lol

I'm sure someone else will explain. It in more accurate detail. Goodluck!!

Welcome back! :)

Would be great to see a DX of Bust Out, not played that for many a long year.

• Like 1

Thanks Vectra, that is in fact about as far as I'd got.  When ever I try to save my progress the save options are greyed out because it thinks the layout is read only.

I've found my WIP folder for Noughts & Crosses which has lots of images at different stages so hopefully I'll be able to work it all out.

Yes Superbank, I'm looking forward to doing Bust Out - it'll be a while though...

It's all coming back to me now.   I'd been opening the layout through File / Load Game, instead of Design / Layout / Load Layout.  Doh.

Club Monte Carlo.

Trying to sort out the lamping at the moment.  Also, it seems to crash whenever you get the feature. However I need to make it at least playable before I start looking into that...

post-83-0-25735000-1491730736_thumb.jpg

post-83-0-08206500-1491730743_thumb.jpg

OOh!  looks nice that clubber, not one i am familiar with.

but will give it a real old bashing when it's released.

those glass scans look mint for a dx will you be taking this on as a dx??

Yes definitely a DX.  The machine is here and the whole thing is pretty much mint  -  except that it doesn't boot up :(  Having said that, other than swapping boards around and finding that it's the same with all of them, I haven't really invested any time yet in finding out why and trying to fix it.

Further down the line (probably quite a lot further given current rate of progress!) will be this:

post-83-0-19509500-1491741067_thumb.jpg

post-83-0-82100600-1491741073_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OOh!  looks nice that clubber, not one i am familiar with.

but will give it a real old bashing when it's released.

It's not what you'd call a fast game  :)  Quite advanced for its time though.  We had one in our Snooker Club - never got more than a £25 out of it!

Edited by stuart

Loving the look of that Bust Out Stuart!  These are the machines of my childhood...looking at the '£' symbols confirms (I think) that the machine I was thinking of ages ago called 'Ton Up' was made by Maygay.  I think Statto remembers it too looking at past threads.

These finds are absolutely fantastic - keep up the good work - it is very much appreciated!

Loving the look of that Bust Out Stuart!  These are the machines of my childhood...looking at the '£' symbols confirms (I think) that the machine I was thinking of ages ago called 'Ton Up' was made by Maygay.  I think Statto remembers it too looking at past threads.

These finds are absolutely fantastic - keep up the good work - it is very much appreciated!

Me too - Jut seeing that pound symbol and those round buttons.

Moonbug and Cash or Nudges are 2 machines that spring to mind straight away

Thanks for your comments :)

Sadly Bust Out isn't working either.  I did when I first got hold of it but now, as soon as you plug it in, it starts playing all by itself.  The credits just rack up and up uncontrollably, the reels spin, the feature board works and it pays out wins correctly...  but the buttons have no effect at all.  So that's in the repair queue after Club Monte Carlo.  The ROMs were copied yesterday and I should have them on my PC within a few days - so I'll be able to see whether they run in the emulator ok.

Fingers crossed...

Stuart

OOh that Bust Out looks fantastic!! :)

I love those old BFM machines too, the clubber looks like a lot of fun. Good luck with these, certainly looking forward to seeing them. 

Loved this clubber - we used to have it in our club way back now over 30 years ago lol... Looking forward to it :)

Thanks for your comments :)

Sadly Bust Out isn't working either.  I did when I first got hold of it but now, as soon as you plug it in, it starts playing all by itself.  The credits just rack up and up uncontrollably, the reels spin, the feature board works and it pays out wins correctly...  but the buttons have no effect at all.  So that's in the repair queue after Club Monte Carlo.  The ROMs were copied yesterday and I should have them on my PC within a few days - so I'll be able to see whether they run in the emulator ok.

Fingers crossed...

Stuart

the switch input buffer is dead,  the switches are jammed on.

Thanks Magik.  To be honest I don't know what / where the switch input buffer is - am I looking at a straightforward fix?

Sign in to follow this