Sign in to follow this  
orchid

Project Coin - Hot Spots - 4K

With limited fme time I'm going to upscale this lovely little Project Coin machine.  I already created extremely high resolution artwork for this, have done some lamp work and reel work already, just need to find a little time to get it finished off.

HOTSPOTS4K.jpg?raw=1

• Like 3

Look forward to it although the original version was excellent quality it appeared small even on rescaled

It will because it is the entire cabinet.   This is 4k, it's 2160 deep rather than 1300, pretty big upscale.

J

• Like 1

Look forward to it although the original version was excellent quality it appeared small even on rescaled

You can always go into edit mode and get rid of the belly glass.  I created it this way with the whole cabinet, that's just the way it is.

These larger scale layout won't appear any bigger on your screen.  These large scale layouts I'm working on will be being used on a wall mounted touch screen in portrait mode, I want the graphics quality for a big portrait orientation.    Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm creating these primarily for myself but will release when complete.

J

no probs orchid, end of the day its upto the creator how big (or small which was my case lol) they make them and it will be appreciated by us all well the loyal following any ways  

• Like 1

No worries fella.  Like I said, you can edit the original 1300px deep layout and take the bottom belly glass out, will make it a decent size.  I just love these cabinets though, very iconic.

J

Nice :).   Be great to see a video of it running once it's working.   This version I did runs the original 'streaky' roms that Mavroz kindly uploaded.  Let me know if you need a set burning.  Great little machine.

J

With other things taking my time up recently I've had little time to finish of the last few mfme layouts I've been working on.

I've decided to make this a lot lighter than my usual layouts since visiting a friend who plays mfme on his TV, the darker layouts were difficult to see.

Hopefully be ready for release after the latest mfme update that Chris is currently working on.

Reels have recently been reworked but haven't been imported yet.

Jhotspotwip.jpg?raw=1

• Like 2

The artwork is massive certainly big enough for 4k portrait layout. Not sure how mfme would cope with that kind of size or at least a low spec pc might struggle.

One day portrait screens or dual screen will be the norm I reckon.

J

super mega big, i often wonder what the actual pixel size would be if we were to emulate a full sized fruit machine, not rescaled down. suppose it would be something like 160000x 120000

looks stunning... we had a whole bank of these when i worked at the beaufort bingo hall when i was a student nurse back in the day ,was a firm favourite of the button bashing grannies :D :D

Edited by cashbox2
  • Like 1

The only reflections I see Is around the chrome around the buttons the cab itself is dark wood so no reflections.

But probably seeing things, it is 2.40am I'm hot, sweating like a glass blowers arse 'ole, no sleep and due at work in 4hrs, God I hate summer!!! Lol

Can do the holds and ambient lighting around the inside of the cab and the reflection on the lower payout tray etc but can't do the reflection of 'Hot Spots' on the reel glass as it conflicts with the hold lamps.

Sign in to follow this