richardpen

Electro Mechanic Emulation

albaki77 used a workaround on Tumble to get it working on the older versions of MFME.  Me, and Tommyc made layouts for Tumble a while ago.  Link here: http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/7343-tumble-top-up-dxs/?hl=%2Btumble+%2B1600

It's fixed by default, now, on MFMEv5.

Hi

Hope I have put this in the right place, If it should be elsewhere, admin please feel free to move it where ever necessary.

Exactly what is needed for an electro to be emulated?  I'm no electronics expert, I'm just a player who played fruit machines between the mid 70sup to 1993.

My understanding is that to emulate an electro ideally, a 'chemantic' (a diagram of its inner workings?) is needed.  If a diagram is not available for a particular machine, and I am guessing that it is probably the case that the vast majorityhave probably been lost, were they issued with each macnine or were they just used by the manufacturers engineers?, is there anything that can be done with a physical machine without a diagram? 

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while but have just seen this thread

http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/18223-whoopsie-gambler-for-sale/&do=findComment&comment=288005

To me, it looks an interesting machine and wondered if anything can be done with it for emulation purposes. 

If a machine does not have a diagram, would it mean that someone would have to strip it in order to figure out where everything goes and draw a diagram?  Or could close up pictores of the electronics and wires etc or is a machine without a diagram is totally useless as far as emulation goes?  Or are there other things that can be done I havn't thought of?  I understand and appreciate that this is not like other techs where if someone has a machine that is supported, has working roms in it, then its a matter of taking pictures and getting the roms read, this appears to be totally different and extremely difficult to do.

I think perhaps a separate topic should be created to this subject as it clearly is rather different than the other techs.  for example, I know Wizard has been giving someone BB tech support in the General questions thread, if it was in a single thread I think it would help others who may decide to take it on either now or in the future.  Also to know what we need to emulate these machines, shoudl we be searching auction sites for 'Fruit Machine Chemantics', if so a list of what people have already or can we try and sourse physical machines?  Are there enough people with the knowledge to emulate these machines?  What I mean is, if 50 people suddenly come up with loads of resources but there is only a few people that can do the emulations, it may be useful to know who they are and what they are willing to do. 

I played loads of electros and there are several favourites I would love to see emulated.  There were others that were really tight and nasty which would be interesting to play on an emulator.  Some I played I don't believe got anywhere near the supposed 70% payout figure.

Initionally, I wondered as to what interest there would be in electro emulation, so far SNG has attracted 34 downloads and Hot Dog 67 so there must be a load of us in our 40s/50s interested in this tech, and I daresay some younger members curious as to what all the fuss is about and probably rolling around laughing at people getting so enthusiastic about these machines.

Finally, thanks Wizard for making this tech at least possible.

Richard

Hi I would allso love to see some of the 1970s electromechanical machines emulated but unfortunately know one seems to be interested :(

Electros can be emulated in MFME, Super nudge gambler and Hot Dog are done and available on here.

I did try and have a go at doing one but can't work out how to code the emulator from the schematics.

I did ask Wizard for a quick rundown on how it's done but nothing was forthcoming so it went on the back burner.

Edited by Danno

Right I have just been given a nudge in the right direction by Wizard on how the Electro simulation works and I am going to have a go at one. I am going to be doing TEN UP by Bell Fruit.

Is there any requests from anybody for a machine they want done?

• Like 2

Would love to see the old 1970s bell fruit machines emulated or simulated

Two have already been done in MFME v5.1 Hot Dog Club and Super Nudge Gambler

Ten Up is a good start, that's one of the first machines I started playing in the arcades. I shall look forward to playing it again. :-)

Ooh, a topic I started got responses over a year after posting.  I forgot abouut it and have just come accross it nearly two years after that!

On 9/15/2017 at 10:21 AM, Danno said:

Is there any requests from anybody for a machine they want done?

My two would be Moon Ranker and Nudge Gambler but I am aware these electro machines are extremely hard to do which I guess is the reason why very few have been done. 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, richardpen said:

My two would be Moon Ranker and Nudge Gambler but I am aware these electro machines are extremely hard to do which I guess is the reason why very few have been done. 

Nudge gambler has been done.

I still have a scan of the schematics for Pool Play if anyone wants to have a go at it , but it needs a bit of deciphering as when I took the pic, digital cameras were only 2 mega pixels.

poolplay.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Player said:

As a standalone Sim and on MFME as an emulation. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:08 AM, Player said:

Has it?  SNG has but I've not seen NG.  I know there is not much difference between the two, NG has no hold on the number reel, I've read somewhere there is one fruit difference on one of the reels and the design was different.  There was also a 10p £2 version of nudge gambler.  I'm not sure if there was a 10p £2 of SNG, I never saw one if there was.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:42 AM, frig said:

I still have a scan of the schematics for Pool Play if anyone wants to have a go at it , but it needs a bit of deciphering as when I took the pic, digital cameras were only 2 mega pixels.

poolplay.jpg

Hopefully Wizard finds it interesting.  Was that a Club machine?  I don't remember seeing any but could have been a little before my time.  Was that early 70s?

JPM Pool Play electro-mechanical 1977..

Pool Play  jpm electro.jpg

2 hours ago, richardpen said:

Has it?  SNG has but I've not seen NG.  I know there is not much difference between the two, NG has no hold on the number reel, I've read somewhere there is one fruit difference on one of the reels and the design was different.  There was also a 10p £2 version of nudge gambler.  I'm not sure if there was a 10p £2 of SNG, I never saw one if there was.

I meant SNG, I was rushing :(

22 hours ago, BF74 said:

JPM Pool Play electro-mechanical 1977..

Pool Play  jpm electro.jpg

Thanks for the pic.  Obviously not a club machine, came out around the same time as I started gambling on the machines but everything around our way was Bell Fruit.  Either SNGs or the earlier instant nudge ones.  I remember one machine in a local cafe where the feature was something to do with pressing the reel buttons to spin the reels and try to get the pictures of the runners on a running track on the pay line.  If you managed to get all three on the payline within 10 seconds you got a massive 30p.  The jackpot seemed hart to get, I never achieved it and I never saw anyone else win it either.

The runners game would be this machine...

Dash mine.JPG

I just found my original scan of Pool Play schematics in some old folders on my laptop, and uploaded them to Dads forum if anyone is interested. Fully readable now:)

• Like 1