Wizard

MFMEv5 Release Thread

I installed the DXSetUp.exe but still coming up with Xaudio2 installation failed,ensure that directX June 2010 Redist is installed when trying to run MFME?

Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks.

This has been answered a few times, do a search of the forums mate

Dont think I've tried but it probably won't due to Touch not being supported like XP.

I intend to release two versions when I update it next, one for W7, W10 etc and another without Touch support for XP. Apart from this, they'll be identical.

Hopefully the XP version would also run in Vista.

Edited by Wizard
Posting shite
  • Like 1

Will be glad to see an XP version.  I was going to ask if there was a way of fooling MFME into thinking that XP had touch screen support, I guess once loaded, you don't have to use touch screen in MFME. 

What does the touch screen support do?  Is it for specific games that need touch screen to work or does it enable you to play all games by a touch screen monitor?

No just the latter, good for tablet users and had been frequently requested.

Regarding the touch function calls which are in User32.dll I think, I just couldn't find a way of disabling them when running on XP as they get complied in.

Edited by Wizard

Yes that is where it is, I found a thread somewhere on the interwebs where a commercial game was producing the same error, they did an update to  fix it.

I did try to update the user32.dll from a later OS but it did not work.

I saw that, wonder how they fixed it in the end? Something about demand loading .dll files, but I'm damned if I can find a way to do it.

Edited by Wizard

No just the latter, good for tablet users

Will it run on an Android based tablet or does it need to be a windows based one? 

Thanks

Richard

Won't run on Android, Windows only I'm afraid.

Just a note on the DX10 install, you can strip out all the older files and just use the Jun2010 plus the 5 other helper files.

This reduces the folder from 98Mb to 9Mb for the storage challenged.

Tried it on a DX10 virgin machine and works fine.

Anyone want me to zip and add here ? 

Just wanted to add my thanks for this great update, looking forward to seeing Crazy Crocs running !

(I've been known as Bennyboy & flynnmeister and probably others across the forums - if it helps :D )

Just a note on the DX10 install, you can strip out all the older files and just use the Jun2010 plus the 5 other helper files.

This reduces the folder from 98Mb to 9Mb for the storage challenged.

Tried it on a DX10 virgin machine and works fine.

Anyone want me to zip and add here ?

yes please

Dont think I've tried but it probably won't due to Touch not being supported like XP.

I intend to release two versions when I update it next, one for W7, W10 etc and another without Touch support for XP. Apart from this, they'll be identical.

Hopefully the XP version would also run in Vista.

Many many thanks, Wizard

A belated thanks from me.

My era of fruit machines were covered by the original emulators so although MFME5 doesn't fill me with the same sort of enthusiasm that I got when I stumbled across a fledgling scene back in November 2002, I have to say that I'm certainly excited with this unexpected emulator release simply because things are moving forward and onward once again. 

Many thanks to all involved.

PS: My enthusiasm IS back. Labyrinth on MFME? NO WAY!!!

• Like 2

There are a lot of fixes and older tech now working in mfme. It's quite staggering and pretty much covers all machine techs from early 80's (possibly earlier I'm not too sure) to Bellfruit Scorp5.

I'm not too fussed about the later stuff but have actually been enjoying a lot of it. Especially the lo techs, golden game and Astra party time etc, all linked to top box. It's pretty mental.

J

Help please, I cant seem to install due to audio file error;

downloaded directx file from link but asks for specfic place to install and I cant find where.

install tut would be great please

Just read this can't believe it's a year since the launch of the "New" Mfme5 and what a year and it's still going strong with new layouts mostly every week, just hope things don't dry up to soon but I doubt it.

So basically Happy belated birthday to the 2nd coming of Mfme and long may it continue

A BIG THANKS to the main man Wizard for he's hours weeks months and years of dedication to the cause

Hip hip hooray!!

• Like 2