Sign in to follow this  
mrx

Mobile phone contract help

for the past 8 months i should be paying 18 a month for 500 minutes unlimted texts 500 mg internet but the bills over 30 a month i know i use a lot of internet but does anybody know if calls to mobiles are included in the contract as i cannot find it out my self and plus its took me 2 months to get in to the account to cross check the usage 100%

Who are you with? Can't you login to your online account or use a mobile app to check your usage and allowances? 

I pay £17 a month for unlimited data, unlimited texts, 4gb tethering and 200 minutes (I hate talking on phones so don't care about that bit)  500mg a month is shite

i do but its hard tracking the exact problem as the bill is higher at the month start for some reason

You will more than likely be going over your data allowance. You use this when not connected to wifi.

I don't know who you are with but you should have a facility to stop data after you have used your allowance or simply contact your provider and purchase a package that suits your specific needs.

J

You should be able to find your allowance details.

Mine is pretty crap but it only cost 9 per month with 1gb data. I'm currently on virgin mobile. I get unlimited texts, free virgin to virgin calls, 1000 mins and 1gb data. I don't use my phone non stop so this is ideal for my personal requirements.

J

You will more than likely be going over your data allowance. You use this when not connected to wifi.

I don't know who you are with but you should have a facility to stop data after you have used your allowance or simply contact your provider and purchase a package that suits your specific needs.

J

i have as it wont let me view the internet

If you can't use the net to download the app I mentioned use a free wifi spot in town to get it, or call into your networks shop and ask them to answer all your questions and consider another package that includes unlimited data. 

Simples

You must know who your network provider is, as it says on phone start up or top of screen, as for Internet usage mines only one gb for phone but also now have 10gb tablet contract and free neighbours WiFi. if you are watching YouTube on phone that'll swallow your usage quick as I only watched a vid on phone for 15 mins and used over 600mbs totally con. Also you can contact your provider by phone EE is 150 and free.

its 02 i have downloaded the app and gone through my bill with a fine tooth comb at this moment i am getting it by a average of 2 quid a month as to change my package i have got to get the bill down to 18 quid as it wont allow the change otherwise

Definitely restrict your net use that's where you costs are can you not get a bundle but I also see what you mean the O2 website is confusing went on it and can't even look at upgrades add-ons etc. You could always phone em and threaten to leave they don't like that and Maybe they might actually help your cause.

its 02 i have downloaded the app and gone through my bill with a fine tooth comb at this moment i am getting it by a average of 2 quid a month as to change my package i have got to get the bill down to 18 quid as it wont allow the change otherwise

I went through a lot of 02 how-to's with you on Jackpottyforums ages ago or whatever network it was, I can't even remember what I put so just go into the 02 shop or speak to them via chat through your mobile app or laptop, they will sort out whatever you need or whatevers wrong, I pay and extra £5 a month for an extra 20G which it huge for something you'll probably throw in a fruit machine in seconds you included. 02 I'm happy with them, the only reason my bills sky high Is that my last contract I tried an iphone6 with huge memory and as Apple are robbing twats for something that's not great or worth the hype at all the handsets in with the bill, I'll never get another iphone that for sure.

Just go into the 02 shop and tell them what the problem is other wise you'll fry your own head going around in circles.

Edited by steelfix1

i am locked in to the tariff so its either keep on adding to the bill or a sepature sim only to add to it

I'm with 02, pay as you go £15 for unlimited texts and Internet per month, can't remember what's the internet usage was but it's fine for me.

I refuse to go back on contracts as it can be expensive (going over the usage limits)

i am locked in to the tariff so its either keep on adding to the bill or a sepature sim only to add to it

You can change your tariff on 02.

You can move contact tafiffs I changed mine 2 months ago unless you have already done it or your on shit contract or you just don't want ot spend more which may save you in the long but you can move tariffs.

post-2222-0-01544300-1442177106_thumb.jpg

Edited by steelfix1

I'm in need of contract phone help. My contact runs out 1st November with EE. I have a note3 which i love. I would not mind the note4. Trouble is they don't do them. I went in the ee shop today to be told they sent them all back as they weren't selling. So i rang them directly and they don't do them either. Offered me all the other Samsung S5 S6 for £200 up front. But there all smaller screen which i don't want. Question is can I get a note4 from say carphone warehouse and somehow tag it on my contact to keep my number etc. Never had this problem before. I normally just pick a phone an sign up for another 2 years but this time i think it's going to be more complicated :)

You can upgrade through Carphone Warehouse or any other major phone retailer, the deals from the phone companies are usually not as good.

Don't they do the note 5 Steve?  The Note 4 is old stock now. 

They don't do either note Jonno. They said at the shop they had all been sent back for some reason. Not selling well. When i rang them directly. They told me the same and offered me all the other ones. But it's the big screen i like now. Note4 would be fine. I hardly use the features on note3. I've never ever used the pen or the smart wave an all that. But i love the screen and all my videos are done off this. And ive even got rid of the laptop as this note does all i need :)

You can upgrade through Carphone Warehouse or any other major phone retailer, the deals from the phone companies are usually not as good.

Cheers pete. I've never upgraded outside the firm before so it's all new. I was with orange 20 years upgrading every year then 18months now 2 years. It's all new. Seems odd like buying a Rover car off ford :)

Cheers buddy. I can see your point. It's just ashame ee don't do the phone i want. Least i will keep my number which is great :)

Sign in to follow this