Sign in to follow this  
orchid

Roller Coaster - Large DX

Wow looks amazing, love the lamping effect there J

Stick with it matey

Si.

Now those lamps look mint,loving the outer glow effect,can't wait for this,will add it to my collection.

large!!!! more like super duper mega gigantic large!!! I've have to plug the lappy into my 40" tv for this, I expect it'll shrink in mfme3.2 but would it lose its clarity though

If this is a large roller coaster layout, can it be renamed The Big One..ahem..

Statto

• Like 1

If this is a large roller coaster layout, can it be renamed The Big One..ahem..

Statto

Lmao Are all the dip switches on track, don't want to having everything upsidedown.

Yes, it will take a while, the res is pretty big, I have my machine res at 2560x1440 so probably that resolution in portrait mode.  Just wanted to see what kind of quality DX running at a major resolution, can mfme handle that size even?   Anyway this res is more of a test but once the artwork is finalised I can scale down for slightly smaller screen res.

J

Nah leave it big, it'll be perfect for when amber is complete with impact tech amber likes em big she told me once

Hmmm..its that large..its almost 1:1 with the original!

Looking forward to it..if I can

Statto

Not quite 1:1 but it's certainly on the large size for a layout.  Obviously this won't be released as not many people will be able to run it in this size.  I will release the a scaled down layout at 1350pixels deep, which is my current resolution bar the taskbar.

J

Release both that way people have a choice, any chance of doing a £15 jp version as that's the only edition apart from the uber rare £6 we don't have please

Rollercoaster was never released on £6 token jackpot.  I'm only releasing the classic versions £8 token and £10 all cash.

J

Rollercoaster did have a run on £6 token, but the £8 came out shortly afterwards, mate;  so you probably missed it.  The £6 version used to do multiple repeats on Test Your Strength.  The £8/10/15 versions weren't as generous.

Shame to hear that this is your last DX.  If it is, you've picked a cracking machine to go out on! :)  Look forward to seeing the final result.

post-25-0-81182300-1440005712_thumb.png

Edited by ploggy

Are you sure that this isn't just a mock up before release?  The banked win is £8 tokens going by the reels its running £8 token version.  I played extensively but I never ever saw a £6 token version, ever.   I don't disbelieve you, I just never saw one personally.

J

although I don,t think ive seen the £6 version it has the same win table and fonts as Indiana Jones that started at £6 then 8-£10  

as ploggy says shame its your last dx another bloody good dx'er leaving the fold. to many top dx'ers leaving and no new blood to replace them so in a few years nowt left to take over

Are you sure that this isn't just a mock up before release?  The banked win is £8 tokens going by the reels its running £8 token version.  I played extensively but I never ever saw a £6 token version, ever.   I don't disbelieve you, I just never saw one personally.

J

The picture is a bit misleading, mate.  I 100% remember playing this on £6, but it was only for a month, say, then it got upped to £8 token.  So it's not surprising to me that most people never played it at £6.  I've got another picture here somewhere with it on £6.  I'll have a delve and see if I can find it.

EDITED TO ADD FLIER PICTURE:  Found the flier scan showing it on £6.  Doesn't necessarily prove 100% that this was originally released on £6, as fliers have been wrong before.

post-25-0-70263600-1440014478_thumb.png

Edited by ploggy

There was one on £6 tokens in Star Amusements in Weston-super-Mare for no more than a week before it got converted.  Only one I ever saw.  Played great as well :)

Oh sorry you actually played the £6 token version, I reread your post.  Sorry fella.   Be nice to get those roms for sure ;)

J  

I did a little lamping on the feature board the other night.   This is reduced size artwork.  Still a long way off yet though.

J

post-44-0-25405900-1440018887_thumb.jpg

Edited by orchid

Amazing stuff, seems like a slightly newer technique you have developed for the lamp work ? Love it, please stick with it matey

Si.

Hey Mort.   How's it going mate?     Nice to see you posting here.

Yes, I've been dabbling with a couple of things in photoshop, the results are pretty neat.  I've started to create an entire lamp mask, which can take a long time especially if you don't have the correct fonts or the artwork isn't hi-res so the magic wand won't catch selections very well, the quick mask function can come in handy in those situations.   The only problem that I will run into is that some of the lamps are fairly close so will need to bring the glow effect down on certain lamps as you can't overlay lamps in mfme unfortunately. 

Done a little more on this over the last couple of nights, still a way off, still need a hi-res Impact cab.

All the best mate

J

Sign in to follow this