New mpu needed...

yep,as mavroz said,mpu is shagged.i cant remember if it was mentioned,if its epoch,no chance of repair.and boards are rare unless you spend 50 quid or so from stemik etc.you will spend more than machine is worth but it gets to a stage where it feking has to work so at least you can enjoy it

i will try and repair it got nothing to loose will let you know how i get on (it's just that i read someware that someone had repaired theres)

I have repaired a few Epoch mpu's now. They take time, patience and the right equipment to fix them.

The tracks are very small, very fine and there are lots of through holes. One of the biggest failings i have found is the battery leakage destroys the U1 Ic for some reason....

Good luck, i fear you will need it...

hope you lot on hear are right about it being the mpu board cos i'v got one coming so now this fruit has cost me a small fortune so i just hope it works when i fit it just one thing do i just put my chips in the new board and away you go ?

Should be able to, make sure they go in the right way around.

Until the mpu boots up, you have no way of telling if the other boards are ok.....

Be worth reading the thread's I did for my Blue Simpsons, which covers a lot of what you are looking at.

http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/11301-maygay-simpsons-blue-epoch/?hl=simpsons

http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/12307-general-maygay-epoch-pics-and-advice/?hl=simpsons

Edited by stanmarsh14

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.