Sign in to follow this  
riche100

mpu3 acting squiffy again

my mpu3 machine isnt booting , its trying too and spins the reels , but i get a reel error on reel 1 no matter what reel deck i use

also i cannot see any optos lighting up on any set of reels ive tried too

so could the issue be with the psu ? maybe it isnt giving out the line that the optos need ?

any pointers please ??

before you ask its my line up .. and its not the one from southampton ha ha ....

sounds to me like psu or mpu .

have you tried a different mpu.

Edited by roger

i have tried 2 mpu's one of them should have worked . im frightend to use a 100% one i know incase it is a faulty psu and i blow something on the board .

i will try and dig a psu out and try one . hoping it will sort it

thanks for replying

Edited by riche100

you mean use a lighting choke box and bench test the psu  ?

if so what pins are what voltages please?

i think i asked before ages ago i cant find the bloody post ha ha

If none of the little lights for the opto's are lit, check T55. I need to come to yours so will take a look if your struggling. Prob Wednesday if your around....

You stole my thunder lol. T55 as player says. Its the switch for the opto sensor emmiter lamps /LEDs.

You stole my thunder lol. T55 as player says. Its the switch for the opto sensor emmiter lamps /LEDs.

Ha ha, never thought i would see the day i beat the doc :)

you dont get this shit with e/m lol.ok features not as good,but reliability speaks for itself.hope you sort it richi

I second that.  And quite a few electromechanicals actually do have some quite elaborate features!!

The problem with that is they have a lot more cam timers, they are much heavier!!

I second that.  And quite a few electromechanicals actually do have some quite elaborate features!!

The problem with that is they have a lot more cam timers, they are much heavier!!

like my hot dog,thats about as far as e/ms go then mpu took over,the hot dog is very heavy,and very full of timers etc

thanks for all the replies . will look or speak to someone further about t55 .. although seems weird doing the same on 2 boards ?

must be a very common fault , i am chasing my tail at the moment as i dont know whats good and what isnt again, as been swopping stuff all over the shop

need to test psu first i reckon .. then go from there ?

thanks for all the replies . will look or speak to someone further about t55 .. although seems weird doing the same on 2 boards ?

must be a very common fault , i am chasing my tail at the moment as i dont know whats good and what isnt again, as been swopping stuff all over the shop

need to test psu first i reckon .. then go from there ?

PSU's very rarely  go wrong. I have only ever had one and that was the windings. I used MPU4 winding to replace. I'll take a look when i come round next.

Same on two boards? If I were you I would try a different green reel connector cable.

Same on two boards? If I were you I would try a different green reel connector cable.

thanks to player see you soon buddy :)  , and doc ive already tried many different green and red wires also reel decks ..

Sign in to follow this