andeejay

epoch repairs ? scorpion 2 repairs ?

HI all....

here we go, i have to ask....i know what the answer will be  :S

epoch mpu for the maygay simpsons  - can anyone on here repair them ? got 3 dead ones now.

also scorpion 2 mpu boards  - i have 2 both faulty . anyone repair these also  ?

if not does anyone have any working ones to sell 

repair prices or selling prices please.

i am selling loads of bits too so if anything you want take a look on my selling bits forum-links and pics on there-open to offers on al bits - dont be scared to ask ! 

HI Andrew, yeah i did see this, ive just had the mark 2 power supply of Dave then found out of Mark that my old one was ok and just board was at fault....

they getting a bit rare now these epoch boards ? 

Andy, follow that e-bay link..... it's that chap from Derby who I deal with.

If he's not got an Epoch Mainboard on it's own, send him a PM and see if he will sort you one on it's own..... I don't think it will be above £30 delivered.

Also stevebm1 mentioned he's got one to sell / trade.

Edited by stanmarsh14

the prices are slowly climbing it seems, epoch is not easy to repair unless it is very very minor damage, once it spreads its bye bye board!

the prices are slowly climbing it seems, epoch is not easy to repair unless it is very very minor damage, once it spreads its bye bye board!

Still, least it's not the prices that sodding Stemik in Burton are asking...... £55 delivered for a sodding epoch mainboard! :o

Give it another year or two and they will be like gold dust.......

• Like 1

Still, least it's not the prices that sodding Stemik in Burton are asking...... £55 delivered for a sodding epoch mainboard! :o

A few years ago fully working Maygay machines were going for less than £30, I knew I should have bought thousands of them lol.

On 6/30/2013 at 4:42 PM, mavroz said:

Give it another year or two and they will be like gold dust.......

You predicted the future lol

Yes. Have seen it happen with lots of different Techs 

The last were Mpu4 , plentiful and people threw away and replaced rather than repair.

Then Epoch, Sc4, next will be mpu 5 boards.

Kept many different boards over the years, had recent clear outs and made good money on things that were once just regularly binned 

Moving away from repairs and machines. Everyone thinks what they have is worth a fortune now.

In fairness, I believe machine prices and interest is starting to decrease unfortunately 

• Like 2

I remember buying maygay M1 boards non working for £15 to £18 , and £20 being my absolute tops! now it seems £50 for non workers is standard, so I won't buy them at that price!!

• Like 1